Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Recessed fog lights in an '03 ES?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh, that makes sense. Still seems odd that they don't have a physical airbag sensor though.

Speaking of switches, you wouldn’t happen to have a picture of the one you used, would you? I’ve been trying to find one that’s as OEM looking as possible, but the search is complicated by my needing a three-position switch because the fogs I’m installing have angel eyes. Something like this is the best I’ve come up with so far. (Found on ebay)
Attached Images  

Last edited by asplodzor; May 7, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old May 7, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine was just bought at an auto parts store and at one time was in the ash tray, then I moved it to the little cubby area by the driver's left knee. Either way, they were both concealed when I wanted...

You could always try to wire them into your parking/headlights, but you'll have to make them turn off when you switch to your high beams...
Old May 15, 2009, 03:26 PM

I always wondered if we can retrofit a 04 foglight into that air duct on a 03.

Anyone seen or know of it?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:20 PM

I had my new headlamps installed, which had halos. I had the halos powered by the battery and operated by a switch that I had installed to the left of the steering wheel. I'm sure you could the same with fog lights... I'm still trying to figure out the best way to have fog lights installed.

Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:31 PM

Sorry... the picture didn't work the first time... this is the switch I have to operate my halos:

Recessed fog lights in an '03 ES?-dscf2314-1-1.jpg
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took my fog lights off .
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:05 AM

Were they causing any problems? I'm having trouble seeing with my aftermarket headlamps, since I am struggling to adjust them. So fog lights would be very helpful for me too see at night.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by mylancermyjoy
Sorry... the picture didn't work the first time... this is the switch I have to operate my halos:

This is exactly what I'm planning to do with my switch... though my switch is going to be a three-position instead of a two-position because my fog lights actually have halos themselves. I am going to wire them so that they're independent of the main and high beams because there will be times when I want to use them with and without the other lights. (It's not illegal to have brights and fogs on at the same time in Oregon, there's only a limit on the total lights you can have on on the front of the vehicle at the same time - four.)
Old Jun 14, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 02-Lancer-Es
I took my fog lights off .
Same here...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mylancermyjoy

Attachment 135777
Hey, another question about that switch... how the F@$# did you get that second little plate out to drill the holes? I've pratically gotten my entire head and one arm up inside the dash behind that thing trying to figure out how to unclip it!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

I have some fog lights anyone could have , i guess just 10 bucks and factory little cover where i made the switch , the price is just covering the shipping but there free
Old Jul 6, 2009, 04:22 PM

To be honest, I bought the car used and it already had the 2 holes drilled. Wish I could be of more help!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asplodzor
Hey, another question about that switch... how the F@$# did you get that second little plate out to drill the holes? I've pratically gotten my entire head and one arm up inside the dash behind that thing trying to figure out how to unclip it!
Open the little cubby and pop the whole piece out then take the smaller piece .
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:38 AM

I have some fog lights anyone could have , i guess just 10 bucks and factory little cover where i made the switch , the price is just covering the shipping but there free
I'm interested... not quite sure what I'd do with them... but I'm interested... haha.

Open the little cubby and pop the whole piece out then take the smaller piece .
Wait, you mean the entire like 4"x4" surround pops out? Can you just push it out of there? I swear I tried that. :-P I'll try it again tomorrow.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asplodzor

Wait, you mean the entire like 4"x4" surround pops out? Can you just push it out of there? I swear I tried that. :-P I'll try it again tomorrow.
Yea the intire thing pops out . Good luck But dont drill any holes i want that cover if i do a trade an dmine already includes a switch