Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Need help deciding

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help deciding

Hi everyone!

I have a quick question/decision I want to ask everyone.

I have a 2003 Lancer Oz Rally edition and when I bought the car last year it had the error code P0421 Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). I haven't replaced the catalytic converter yet and I just went to a mechanic that specializes in cat converters and exhaust. He determined that I needed to replace the front manifold cat and that would cost me approximately $800 parts and labor. I told him that I dont really have much money and that I also have an interest in changing my exhaust particularly the muffler. He gave me a deal where he would change the front manifold as well as change the catback with magnaflow tips for $1000. Is this a good deal?

Tl;Dr: $1000 to change front manifold and catback exhaust with magnaflow tips good deal?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by menchies123
Hi everyone!

I have a quick question/decision I want to ask everyone.

I have a 2003 Lancer Oz Rally edition and when I bought the car last year it had the error code P0421 Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). I haven't replaced the catalytic converter yet and I just went to a mechanic that specializes in cat converters and exhaust. He determined that I needed to replace the front manifold cat and that would cost me approximately $800 parts and labor. I told him that I dont really have much money and that I also have an interest in changing my exhaust particularly the muffler. He gave me a deal where he would change the front manifold as well as change the catback with magnaflow tips for $1000. Is this a good deal?

Tl;Dr: $1000 to change front manifold and catback exhaust with magnaflow tips good deal?
They are making the cat back? A manifold is $300 on rockauto.com, you could replace it yourself...