Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Front Bumper Removal

Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Bumper Removal

I am changing out the front bumper on my 2010 Lancer ES and was going to follow this video:

From the video it looks like the removal is pretty similar, if not exactly the way my car is. I am not a car guy by any means but the body shops cost an arm and a leg and have heard bumper replacement is fairly easy. Before I start I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys, is the Lancer ES going to be different than the Ralliart shown in the video? Are there any other steps I might need to make to get the bumper off? Looking forward to read what you guys have to say, thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay I got the bumper off which was actually pretty easy.

The 5 bolts that I had to remove were all rusted through and snapped right off after I started loosening it just the slightest bit. Also most of the the outside plastic housing parts on the retainer clips snapped off (the clips that you have to snap out by wedging in a flat head screwdriver) which I'm assuming there was no way around not breaking it just by the way they are designed.

I've done some searching around and can't seem to find these exact parts. I tried going to auto zone but got there 10 minutes before they closed (forgot it was Sunday) and the workers there were of no help, I was looking through the retainer clips but couldn't find the ones that I needed.

I tried searching around online with no luck and I was wondering if there is somewhere that lists all the specifics on the sizes / types of bolts, screws, and retainer clips used in fastening the bumped on so I could just order them online / bring a print out of it to the parts store and see if they have them there.

If someone could point me in the right direction of where I could find some kind of parts list it would be greatly appreciated!