Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Plug and Play audio possible? 2013 es

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plug and Play audio possible? 2013 es

Hello, I want to start with apologizing if this is in the wrong posting area, or if it is something I should be able to find.

I have looked for days now on the answers I am looking for so hopefully you guys can help me out!

I bought a 2013 ES a couple weeks ago, and as far as I am concerned, the sound system was great. However, when I was at a scrap yard getting the rca->Aux 3.5mm piece for the center console, I also found the tweeter speakers from the ralliart i was taking it from. My ES had the tweeter cords plugged into dumby holes. So I installed the tweeters and they are working great. The guy there said he had the OEM Rockford sub to sell as well but I did not buy it because I did not know if m car was capable.

1- will the new tweeters i have installed harm my system at all? I figured not as they are working great and my car already has the cords in place.

2-After investigation, I have found the mounting holes for the sub, as well as a loose cord in the trunk drivers side near the tail light cord. (Other post have said this is the sub wire for oem sub). SO, would I be able to buy the stock sub from the wrecker and mount it = good to go? OR will I have to do much more work? It only makes sense to me that it works like the tweeters did.

ps- I have looked under my driver seat to try find amp in the car and i see many cords plugged together but I cannot fit to see whats really under there.

Where do I move from here? as I want to install a sub as easily as possible. (i know the rockford sub is not amazing, but it will work fine for me)

much thanks
Old Jun 27, 2016, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone able to help? XD