Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Upgrading sound, No OEM Replacing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Upgrading sound, No OEM Replacing

hello, i have a 2009 Lancer GTS with the rockford fosgate sound, no NAVI, i like how it sounds but i will love to add new features like bluetooth( because the factory one died), usb, and other functions, but in order to replace the factory stereo i need to either buy a whole new sound system( amplifier, speakers, wiring etc) or buy the MITO-02( but after seeing some reviews it seems it just wont be a great deal).

another option i have been thinking about, is buying a 1 din stereo, installed it in the glove box( because in the center console is to small the gap) and connect the RCAs output of the aftermarket stereo to the RCAs input of the OEM connector, and actually keeping all the factory EQs, and settings with the addition of a better quality, functions and sound from the aftermakert stereo (kenwood with 5v preouts).

keeping in mind this will be a very low budget install, with great bennefits, and of course a very stealth and clean install.

what do you guys think?