Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

09' Lancer SE A/C Compressor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' Lancer SE A/C Compressor

Heyo, first post. Ive owned a 09' Lancer SE for about a year and a half and recently according to my friendly neighborhood mechanic the A/C compressor is faulty.
(rather loud and obnoxious noise at all times when running, slightly lessened when A/C is turned on.)
Ive been looking into replacing the A/C Compressor, through research i discovered it to be the MSC90CAS model for my model lancer produced upto 01/20/09. Ive got some possible compressors to buy lined up but nowhere online that i've seen lists the OEM pulley diameter, whereas the parts online have either 3.75" pulley diameter or 4.13" and I have no idea which I need. Does anyone know which is the proper one/best one?

Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2019, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nathan Manseau
Heyo, first post. Ive owned a 09' Lancer SE for about a year and a half and recently according to my friendly neighborhood mechanic the A/C compressor is faulty.
(rather loud and obnoxious noise at all times when running, slightly lessened when A/C is turned on.)
Ive been looking into replacing the A/C Compressor, through research i discovered it to be the MSC90CAS model for my model lancer produced upto 01/20/09. Ive got some possible compressors to buy lined up but nowhere online that i've seen lists the OEM pulley diameter, whereas the parts online have either 3.75" pulley diameter or 4.13" and I have no idea which I need. Does anyone know which is the proper one/best one?

Thanks
The only way to make sure you get the correct diameter is to call your local Mitsubishi dealer and have them enter your Vin# and they should give you the correct one. Hope this helps i need a compressor as well, keeps bogging the engine badly on mines.