Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

Install Fog Lights [DIY]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2003, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[DIY] Install Fog Lights

Ok so you bought your fog lights and theyre sitting there looking good, but now what?

You need: a 10mm Socket and Socket wrench
a Philips Head screw Driver (cross)
a Friend would make things easier
2 hands (no gimps)

Before anything, be sure to unplug the NEGATIVE side of the battery.

Mounting

Well of course you want to mount them so unscrew the base of the foglight from the part where the light is so you can screw the base on. First you must put the adhesive on making sure the vehicle side is on the vehicle and the foglight end is on the foglight. Usually labeled by colors and letters. After you stick those on, screw them in until you cant screw it in much more but make sure its all nice and tight. After that just put the Foglight back onto the base and screw them together tightly.

Wiring

Well i loved this part when i was doing it so im sure you will also. Usually it comes with instruction, but if not then you better pay close attention. Say there is a Blue , Green and Red wire and a White and Black one coming off of the foglight. The black wire is the ground and the white attaches to the on/off switch. You need to attach the 2 white wires together with the blue wire. From the blue wire you attach the green wire like this:
Behind the grill mesh -to- along the side around the battery -to- under the fender (there is a little passageway but you need to unclip the crap from under the fender and over the tires (to remove the clips just pull the small circle from the big circle, but im sure youll figure it out) -to- there is a rubber piece which the trunk release wire is going, just pull that rubber piece toward you until it loosens up enough for you to fish the wire though -to- now under the dash you can get the wire and attach it to the switch.

Now you've attached the Whites to the Blue and the Blue to the Green and the Green to the switch. You still have a red . The red goes to the positive side of the battery, but you can attach it later. Just leave the cable next to the battery and wire it through the same way you did with the green wire. Now you have the 2 black wires left coming off of the fogs. Attach these black (ground) wires to anything metal on the car. It must be metal and do the same at the switch. After you did all that then attach the COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] wire to the positive side of the battery. Attach the Negative side also Now turn on the switch and BOOM! you got fogs.

Final Note

Be sure to Push the rubber thing back into the hole where the wires went through. Also make sure you pushed those plastic pins back in so everything is all nice and tight.

(Whoa I just crapped my pants because i saw the EVO commercial on TV a second ago)

Discuss the install here.

Last edited by HobieKopek; May 12, 2003 at 09:45 AM.