Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How to: Evo rear seat conversion

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to: Evo rear seat conversion

I ordered a set of 05 MR rear leather seats to put in my 04 ES. I completed the conversion just recently and have done a write up for all to see. Couple of quick notes. I done this on an ES without fold down seats. On the ES model, there are hooks welded to the metal that where your seats go, your top part of the evo seats go down on them. There are 3 hooks on the ES non-fold down seat model. As for models with fold down seats, there are 2 hooks, one for each side that holds down the corners, they don't have the middle hook, they have those bracket that bold off for the fold down seats. I don't know if that middle hook is important, but should still fit the evo seats. I don't know if other seat models are different, but imagine they are the same. They may fit Ralliart edition also, but again, unsure. You have to order a set of clips for where the bottem of the seat clips into, the part number is MB873947 and you will need 2 of them Here is a link.

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/cart/...&pn=MB873947*2

First, remove your old seats, the bottom just comes up on some models, others there is a pull tab.

Next, unbolt the bolts that hold down the top piece, for none fold down models, there are 3, fold downs unsure.

Your trunk should look like this. If you have fold down seat models, you wil have to unbold and remove the brackets for the fold down part.

These two hooks are on the sides

This hook is in the middle. You will not have this if you have fold down model

This is the hook from an evo. You will have to replace your old one with part number MB873947 and you will need 2 of them Here is the link again. http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/cart/...&pn=MB873947*2

You will have to bend the brackets at the edges of the evo seat, and on the back in an upward direction to get them to fit right. This will take you the most time to get it just right.

The completed project

I used a black towel from walmart to put under the lower part of the seat to get it to set up and feel the gap.

This does comfirm they fit. I have an 03 oz rally and let my fiance drive the 03 es now. I compared my fold downs to her non fold downs believe it can still be done on the fold downs, but I can not confirm this cause I haven't tried it. I hope this helps anyone who wishes to have these great seats in their non evo lancer.
If the mods would like to make this a sticky, feel free. If it is ok, you can put it in the ralliart forum also.

Last edited by Juan Martinez; May 14, 2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Discuss this here.