Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

(VIDEO) How To: Clean and or replace EGR valve 2002 Mitsulishi Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(VIDEO) How To: Clean and or replace EGR valve 2002 Mitsulishi Lancer

I had a little rough idle going on and figured it was time to clean the EGR valve.
This is the same steps you'll take if you're throwing a check engine light code for a bad EGR.

Hope the video is helpful.

Old Jun 28, 2014, 03:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great video, glad you mentioned cleaning out the passages in the manifold, I'm sure a lot of people forget or just don't know to do it. One thing i ran across while cleaning mine was as the factory, they bottomed out the bolts into the manifold which damaged the threads of the bolts and the threads of the holes in the manifold. It made it a huge PITA to re thread the bolts, so I'd suggest when you take the bolts out, if they don't just spin out easily towards the end of the bolt, check the threads. Good to have a tap and die for the bolts and holes, I believe the bolt size is M8x1.25 but not 100% sure, just take em to home depot or local hardware store and thread them through the sizing template they have there just to be sure. If you have to tap the holes, use a bottoming tap and be VERY careful when doing it or you'll cut the threads wrong.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RT78
Great video, glad you mentioned cleaning out the passages in the manifold, I'm sure a lot of people forget or just don't know to do it. One thing i ran across while cleaning mine was as the factory, they bottomed out the bolts into the manifold which damaged the threads of the bolts and the threads of the holes in the manifold. It made it a huge PITA to re thread the bolts, so I'd suggest when you take the bolts out, if they don't just spin out easily towards the end of the bolt, check the threads. Good to have a tap and die for the bolts and holes, I believe the bolt size is M8x1.25 but not 100% sure, just take em to home depot or local hardware store and thread them through the sizing template they have there just to be sure. If you have to tap the holes, use a bottoming tap and be VERY careful when doing it or you'll cut the threads wrong.
Man that sucks, glad you got it worked out and great advice!
Thanks