Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

2014 lancer hyper flash fix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 lancer hyper flash fix

Hello, I bought some led turn signal bulbs for my 2014 lancer ES, but when I use them they hyperflash. How can I fix that? Is there a turn signal relay to install or do I need to install a resistor to them? Please help.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
just did this today. i used two morimoto led load resistors. one per bulb. im sure any resistor will do though. the kit will come with clips to splice the cables. splice the black wire from the resistor and the black cable coming out of your bulb socket. then do the same for the colored wires. Notice the big metal space where the tail light housing mounts to. Using 3M double sided tape, place a strip or two (depending on the size) on the back of the resistors. Peel the film and stick to the lower most FLAT metal surface inside the space. you should then be able to install the tail light housing over the resistor and into the clips. let me know if you need pictures to visualize.
The following users liked this post:
joelrami55 (Aug 6, 2020)
Old Aug 6, 2020, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
sorry for double posting but before buttoning everything back up, go ahead and switch the turn signal on to see if the bulb works. if it doesnt, you might have to take the bulb out and invert it 180. if it does you are all good. Good luck man.
The following users liked this post:
joelrami55 (Aug 6, 2020)
Old Aug 6, 2020, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ll try that, I just order some plug and play resistors and for the plugs. If they don’t work or come faulty I’ll try your method. Thanks again.

I bought these