Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

Mirage IMs

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think the power output varied that much during the years and I dont know what it was attributed to. Maybe the IM design was the culprit, or maybe not. Like Gunshin said, the 1997 model Mirages seemed to have the more aggressive parts out of all the 97 - 01 models - bigger MAS and compatibility with 2G turbo Eclipse MASes, more Fed. spec models, more aggressive ECU, etc etc etc. However, I dont know if that translated to a better IM or not. And like Gunshin said, we never had the need to test them since they came stock.

Bout time you signed up, Gunshin. You technical knowledge and comparative data will be infinitely useful.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

I just got DJ's G93 in the mail today. I can say that it's not appreciably different than any other G93 manifold I've handled, so I don't think it's the cause of all the power gains.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rhyzin - yeah, but the kit I'm looking at comes with appropriate hardware for install (longer bolts, etc)

Eboy - that's the problem. I haven't bought it yet. There's something of a GB going in Lancer General. The vendor said he cut the material, but the kits aren't quite out yet.

If I wasn't such a lazy sh*t, I'd just source the bolts, etc. myself. But, alas, I am too busy to play with all of that crap. If the kit isn't ready soon, I may just say "oh well" and not use it. I doubt it'll make a huge difference anyhow. Just figured "since I'm doing an IM swap anyhow..."
Old May 26, 2005, 08:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Rhyzin - yeah, but the kit I'm looking at comes with appropriate hardware for install (longer bolts, etc)
yeah, you might need that.
Old May 27, 2005, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AirQuez
I dont think the power output varied that much during the years and I dont know what it was attributed to. Maybe the IM design was the culprit, or maybe not. Like Gunshin said, the 1997 model Mirages seemed to have the more aggressive parts out of all the 97 - 01 models - bigger MAS and compatibility with 2G turbo Eclipse MASes, more Fed. spec models, more aggressive ECU, etc etc etc. However, I dont know if that translated to a better IM or not. And like Gunshin said, we never had the need to test them since they came stock.

Bout time you signed up, Gunshin. You technical knowledge and comparative data will be infinitely useful.

If I remember correctly the 1.8L mirages up until about 2000-2001 were rated at 110hp. The last batch saw a bump in hp to 113

WADAD
Old May 27, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

The Federal spec Mirages (like the one I have) came rated at a whopping 113 hp. In 97, there were more Fed. specs out there than the Cali specs, which were rated at 110 hp (loss of 3 hp to meet California emissions). As the years increased, the amount of Cali spec Mirages increased as well.

So if you think your Lancers are slow stock, then dont worry. We start off more at a disadvantage (even though I find our cars are responsive to mods). And if that is not enough food for thought, the 1.5L Mirages are 12 valve, 92-bhp BEASTS.
Old May 27, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
OT: come to think of it, how does the vendor propose to get around the two studs on the ends? You know the two that have the nuts instead of bolts?
Old May 27, 2005, 10:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would assume that he's expecting there to be enough room for them to go on as normal. (I.E. - spare room on the bolt). EDIT - they are only 3.8" thick. Think there's room on the bolt for that?

I haven't taken a close look at my IM, and it's too late to see how it looks on the 4G93. Would you say this may/may not be true?

If the kit won't fit, it's one less thing to worry about...

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; May 27, 2005 at 11:03 AM.