Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2006, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok to bring an double sides view on this subject.I own both a 95 mirage sedan and an 05 Lancer. i like the looks of my mirage better than my lancer because to me the lancer is just reminds me of the newer accords also since my mirage looks like an EVO 3 i like it better. Driving it mirage takes it just cos i can feel the road more the lancer is just not as much fun through the turns. HorsePower IDK cos my mirage isnt stock and my lancer is so both feel like they have about the same horse power but in the mirage i can hear my motor better so it makes me think im going faster but the lancer has more torque but since i cant hear muchfrom the motor i feel like its not going fast. interior hands down lancer better materials better sound system more comfortable seats the mirage has terrible stock sound system seats that are too wide and no power anything. maintenance problems my mirage has had more since its older so far nothing major.

to me mirage wins just cos its gives me the feeling of actual driving a connection to the road if you will. the lancer on the other hand is a great daily driver for me real comfortable& easy to drive.

here are pics of my mirage and my lancer to give you guys an idea why i like my mirage better

Old Aug 11, 2006, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

love that front end man!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 01:57 PM
Account Disabled

mirgaes are cooler thats all i gotta say.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

In my city, there is a 00 mirage MT with a body kit and evo7 spoiler that looks fast and is loud as hell cus he had straight pipes ran for the exhaust ( no emission laws), and he also has some kind of mod chip prolly some $30 ebay'd crap. But I drive an 03 lancer AT and I smoke the hell out of him every time we take off from a light. But who knows he could have too heavy a body kit that slows him down, whatever.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ever thought that he might be 1.5l?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

eww.. i had the 1.5, i hated it... lol,... i LOVEd my mirage tho!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That first pic looks like the older evo rally cars.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 03:29 PM

In PR, the Technica (LS) had a front lip spoiler that was never offered in the US. But the US Mirage LS had cruise control, which was never offered in PR. I'll take the lip spoiler, as it is functional.

The Technicas also had some carbon-look interior trim pieces that were installed locally. I would have tossed them, but many owners like the extra bling.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Enano Siniestro
In PR, the Technica (LS) had a front lip spoiler that was never offered in the US. But the US Mirage LS had cruise control, which was never offered in PR. I'll take the lip spoiler, as it is functional.
I use CC daily. I'd call it functional.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:19 PM

i like the mirage because its lighter and i love the look over the new lancer 05 up. i like the 03 to 04 lancerbody too but mirage looks soo much better
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
I use CC daily. I'd call it functional.
What I meant is that because of the road types and terrain, CC is not used often in PR.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:50 AM

Zombie post. I had a 3G Mirage sedan. I never had the time for the swap though. It was probably the lightest car I've ever owned. If finished it would have ate my RA for breakfast and had Evo's for lunch.

The 5G Mirage's were great for this. EVO coupe.

Last edited by boost-junky; Sep 30, 2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

a mirage is the earlier form of a lancer. Lancer is a tamed down version of an evo and the mirage is tamed done version of the old evos
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by boost-junky
Zombie post. I had a 3G Mirage sedan. I never had the time for the swap though. It was probably the lightest car I've ever owned. If finished it would have ate my RA for breakfast and had Evo's for lunch.

The 5G Mirage's were great for this. EVO coupe.
I know the owner of the second mirage lol
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by joberk3
i really dont get why there are tons of people who think the mirage is better than the lancer. thats like people saying oh...the mirage is so much better than the lancer. the lancer WILL NEVER be anything like the Mirage WAS. ugh i just hate ignorant people sometimes. and if you think just because u can put an evo motor into it technically makes it better but stock mirage vs stock lancer? we all know who'd win that. ugh! just some people.
I agree. A stock lancer is a great car. They hold up well and are actually a lot of fun to drive.

Quick Reply: Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?