Notices

New System In The Works

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New System In The Works

WOOO HOOO!!! I get to be the first person to ever post in this sub-forum. Do I get like a cookie or something for this?

Well anyways, since we have this forum now and I'm in the middle of putting my new stereo system together I figure I can let you guys check it out (well kinda check it out cuz I don't have pictures yet). This is what I'm putting together:

Kenwood XXV-01D headunit

JL 10W6v2

JL 500/1

JL 300/4

Sirius Radio Tuner Kit

The 500/1 obviously will be pushing the sub. The only thing right now is that I haven't decided on the component speakers I want to get. So if you guys have any suggestion feel free to throw them my way. I will also have the Kenwood Music Keg as part of this system. I just haven't purchased it yet.

All of my power and audio connections are from Knukonceptz.com. If you guys have never heard of them I'd highly recommend their stuff. It is high quality and reasonably priced. Their customer service is top notch also. I'm running 1/0 guage power cable to a distribution box and 4 guage to the amps. I've also replaced both battery terminals with Knukonceptz' terminals.

I've also built a custom box that houses both amps and the sub (ported enclosure). The box also has a spot for the music keg and possibly the Knukonceptz cap. Also, the more I've been looking at it the more I think I might just upgrade to the XXV-05D headunit. It's the flip out dvd model. That's if I can get my grubby little hands on one.

Once I get the chance I will throw some pictures up here (I don't have a digital camera).

Last edited by bigdoggy_dog; Jun 22, 2006 at 02:05 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

"I've also built a custom box that houses both amps and the sub (ported enclosure). The box also has a spot for the music keg and possibly the Knukonceptz cap. Also, the more I've been looking at it the more I think I might just upgrade to the XXV-05D headunit. It's the flip out dvd model. That's if I can get my grubby little hands on one."

If you are housing both the amps, i hope you are going to be ventilating it good right?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good choices. I have always been a Kenwood and JL fan. I have been away from the audio game for awhile....but why not get JL components too?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

If you have the cash, focul is by far the best on the market. Also, make sure you port match that enclosure to the specs of the JL
Old Jun 22, 2006, 02:37 PM

i have the same 4channel amp in my car, but im also running JL audio inside the car.....component in the front, coaxel in the rear.....sounds sweet. im in the process of puttin a custom box where the spare tire goes. If i were you id try to match everything ....stick with JL all the way around. Good Luck!!!
Old Jun 22, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 0zlancer
"I've also built a custom box that houses both amps and the sub (ported enclosure). The box also has a spot for the music keg and possibly the Knukonceptz cap. Also, the more I've been looking at it the more I think I might just upgrade to the XXV-05D headunit. It's the flip out dvd model. That's if I can get my grubby little hands on one."

If you are housing both the amps, i hope you are going to be ventilating it good right?

They are sitting on two seperate shelves on the side of the sub box. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show you. Once I get a chance to take some picture I will though.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRCole
If you have the cash, focul is by far the best on the market. Also, make sure you port match that enclosure to the specs of the JL

I built the box according to JL specs.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
Good choices. I have always been a Kenwood and JL fan. I have been away from the audio game for awhile....but why not get JL components too?

I was thinking about JL's but I really only want to stay around the $150-300 range for components. That would have me looking at the VR's. If I was gonna get their components I'd at least want the XR's or if I was lucky I'd like to have the ZR's. I've never heard anything really all that great about the VR's and I'm pretty sure I could find something better in the same price range.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I have Infinity Kappa components up front, wouldn't recommend them. I can never get the highs to sound just right. In the past, I've used both MB Quarts and Polk components and liked them both.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

I have alpine type-x and they are prime time(Y)
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

I ended up going with the Focal's. The Access 165 A1. They really sounded great and produced much louder and greater sounds to comparible components in the same price range. Ended up only paying 80 bucks for them. I've had them for about 2 months now but I haven't installed them yet. Haven't had the time to make it happen just yet. The amp is wired and ready to go though. It's just sitting there waiting to have speakers connected to it.

Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by benny_ralliart
I have alpine type-x and they are prime time(Y)

I compared the Focal's directly to the Alpines and these blew the Alpines away. Much louder and just as clear if not clearer.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

To alpine type-s or type-x?
Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

I don't remember. Whichever one that costs about $250.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

those were probably the alpine type-R's the type-X's are about 500$ but well worth it!

Quick Reply: New System In The Works