Notices
Lancer Ralliart Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Lancer Engine Torque Damper Beta Release!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ralliart (Kyle) -

Thank you for the thorough review. SpeedDemon also mentioned that a slightly stiffer durometer on the urethane would be a good idea. I'll give you another dogbone when I get them molded.

Daddy -

The Stiffy goes for around $179. That kind of "stiffy-ish".

- Rob
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
price?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$179 seems really expensive, espcially since the northstarone is only around $60 and seems to be stiffer
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

I have driven with this dampner on and i have noticed the difference. from first to second you still kinda feel the shaking of the motor than second to third not as much, and forth pretty much none at all. i haven't got a chance to pill out yet but ill be sure to do it tomorrow but i rather do it at bandimere speedway where the pathment is alot smoother to really notice it. but unfortually the speedway is not opening for another month or two so ill just do it in the street. i was doing most of my testing in traffic hour in second to third. thats where i feel it needs to be a bit more stiffer, including third to fourth.
In the upper rpms though, i dont feel a thing when i shift. from 5k-6200k shift and it just goes no prob. when we installed the dampner and took off the emergency brake and put it in first gear, the shaking is a big difference, bearly any movement. so thats a plus but either way ill give this product a 7.5 out of ten.
By the way Rob, i still can't break the dampner, im trying but its not working.......
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:50 PM

do ya think you would be able to post a video of you revving with the damper on???
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

i have a cam but i wouldn't know how to put that on the comp. i did do a voice record from my phone and said when i shift and you heard the noice but not as much. if ralliart 50 will help me out with that, than that would be coo. by the way your car is pretty quick for an auto.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robert5995
Ralliart (Kyle) -

Thank you for the thorough review. SpeedDemon also mentioned that a slightly stiffer durometer on the urethane would be a good idea. I'll give you another dogbone when I get them molded.

Daddy -

The Stiffy goes for around $179. That kind of "stiffy-ish".

- Rob
damn...ill give it to you that it looks good, but people here bit ch about $150 intakes, and $300 header, 179 for that seems really high
Old Feb 28, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpEeD_dEmOn
i have a cam but i wouldn't know how to put that on the comp. i did do a voice record from my phone and said when i shift and you heard the noice but not as much. if ralliart 50 will help me out with that, than that would be coo. by the way your car is pretty quick for an auto.
Yeah, man. I can help you out with what ever you need. My digital camera has a video recorder on it to so we can take some vids and put them up. Let me know when and where, I'll be there.

Yeah, the auto isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. It's not a stick but she'll hold her own. I couldn't do the corners as fast though because I'm still on my stockers. That will change soon though.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

yea i like them turns, i really wanted to drift around a few of them but no telling whos coming around the other side ya know. well im should get my manifold here very soon and thats more power and that will really help to feel the dampner if you know what i mean by that. so when i install that than ill holla at ya
Old Feb 28, 2006, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No disrespect intended here but a few questions:

In your previous thread about the engine dampener, you link this pic: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=72042

and you say this also: I've attached a pic of the proto on my Evo. The shock'd be the same, and the bracket will change a bit the adaptation to the Lancer, and, of course, the bracket will be prettier.

Again, no disrespect, but your final product looks absolutely nothing like this. That dogbone looks like its going to snap in half or bend over time. You mention the stiffy prices being approx $175. I hope yours are more comparable to the NSI offering. Please understand I very much appreciate any work you have put into making our cars more fun to drive.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lancer Engine Damper

Riot -

I'm accountable - for everything, of course! I fiddled around with shock absorber vendors for six wasted months. Little guys are not their priority, and it took me a while to figure that one out.

I'm in control if I make my own shock absorber - thus here we are with the dogbone arrangement. Both my beta testers have said to make it harder durometer, and that's why we do testing. Also, I admit the 1/4" rod looks a bit small, but I told both my testers to "break it", so until one of them can actually do that, I"ll probably leave it at 1/4", and call it appropriately sized. But, nothing's cast in concrete, and if a 5/16" shaft looks more like something you'd like to have on your car, I'll make it so.

Thanks for your input, and polite input at that.

- Rob
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

well i have burned out for the past two days and the highest i took it was 5k and i didn't feel any wheel hop at all. i have new tires on also so its not like i have bad grip. so im pretty impressed. if ralliart 50 does a stall and take off than tell that would be coo also. not sure if auto has alot in take off.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Are you trying to tell me to do a neutral drop or something? If that's the case then, ummm yaahhhh, I don't think so. I've heard of some people doing a neutral drop with their auto RA and it only lets you drop it at 4,000 rpm, but I don't want to do that. I used to have a small amount of wheel hop if I would spin them around a corner or something and that is completely gone now. I think it will be a lot better once we get the new dog bones on.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

How much for just the brackets? I'd prefer a fluid damper over a dual durometer setup at that price. If the brackets are reasonable I might cobble one together w/ the Ingalls ETD for myself. Nothing personal but I'd prefer the original style proposed.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Is the price on this really going to be 179?

Quick Reply: Lancer Engine Torque Damper Beta Release!