Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Sucks when you come home and find this...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's a dolley? I've been told before that the best method is to get a 2x4 of some soft wood and hammer that (lightly). It hadn't occurred to me that you probably have relatively easy access to that spot from the trunk, so that should be easy.

Is that what you mean by a dolly?
-N
Old Sep 27, 2004, 07:19 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
paintless dent removal should do the work for you. about $60
Old Sep 27, 2004, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tidal
hey you guys know damn well you would do the same thing if you were in my position so no getting high and mighty on me... poor college kid + anonymous person's dented car / running the hell away = scot free with no financial problems or nasty insurance claims and you all know it. Anyways, dcorn, think about what you just said. You seriously want me to die? How will my wife feel knowing she has to raise a son on her own because her husband died a slow and painful death. While we're at it, let's hope she gets raped and killed and my child is abducted and scorched in a horrible car fire...

real mature man... really mature...
Nah, not even close man. Of course I would fess up. If I was the one stupid enough to cause the damage, I'm gonna take responsibility and at least leave 'em a note w/ my phone # or something. Anything at all, I wish there was at least a witness to take the plates so I can take the initiative.

Anyways, thanks everybody for your suggestions. I'm going to try to get in the trunk and tap it out real lightly. If I don't have any success more than likely I will go get some quotes for some paintless dent removal.

What I don't get is even on a little ding like this that definantly should not be more than a $1000 job, the person still didn't leave anything. Hmm...makes me wanna park away from civilization again like when I first bought the car. I sure as hell don't mind the walk.