Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Graphics for an 03 lancer oz

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2005, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graphics for an 03 lancer oz

Hey everyone,
I just got a 2003 lancer oz. It is an awesome car. The only problem is the color, IT is yellow. I dont reallly mind because i got an awesome deal on it. Only 7k with 49,000 miles. But i need some opinions on what i should do. A few of my friends suggested the vinal graphics, but i dont really no much about them and i havnt really seen many cool designs. Can one give me some tips or some pics of some cool viynl graphic cars. I have an ok amount of money. Im still only in highschool and dont want to spend a ****load of money and get it reapainted. when id rather spend that much money on a turbo. SO i think graphics would be the way to go.

Thanks,
Frank
Old Aug 8, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

if you want a turbo, don't worry about the color of your car. you have many many other costly concerns.

EDIT: definitely a fun car, don't expect to go fast until you drop the turbo in. there's a wealth of knowledge both searchable and from the horse's mouth on these boards. welcome!

Last edited by datdjrobp; Aug 8, 2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

nobody's gunna laugh at your color when you blow by them. Buy the turbo and forget about the color
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

personally I would just save money for performance mods. Those vinyl stickers are going to cost you a pretty penny depending on the size and how elaborate your design is.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:03 PM

Ya i dont know though i would like it to look good cause all my friends r giving me crap about it being gay looking. Most of my friends that r into tuners do the show thing. and i would want mine to look good and be fast. I wouldnt be getting the turbo for a few months anyway even if i dont buy the graphics. Is there any alternative to viynal graphics that might be a little less expensive.
Thanks,
Frank
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

if you really want to do graphics, why not try something tasteful on the windshield?

keep in mind, i said tasteful....

http://www.modernimage.net is a good place to look at graphics.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, just get something for the windshiled for now and save for the turbo. After you turbo it you will probably beat all your friends, and then worry about graphics. But thats just me.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

please don't desecrate the car with vinyl graphics. If you get anything for show for it, go with a different grill and eyelids. (ralliart, evo VII) They can be found on ebay and at RRM (www.roadracemotorsports.com). They have it in carbon fiber, or paintable fiberglass. Then maybe some tint and a sun shield over the front windshield made of vinyl. Thats about as far as I would go.. save for the turbo if you want to blow by all your friends that laugh at you.
Oh, and lowering springs and strut bars will improve handline like 10x over stock.
That will give you a little start.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Who cares about graphics when you have ( okay, will have ) a turbo. Just smile politely and tell them to kiss your azz when you dust them after you get your turbo. Good luck with your project and welcome to the boards.

Oh yeah, anything WestSideBilly says... it's crap
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Frankracer88
Is there any alternative to viynal graphics that might be a little less expensive.
Thanks,
Frank

LOL!
Just kidding man. To ask others what graphics would look good on your car, is like asking other people what underwear you should wear. It all comes down to what look you really want for your car. Are you looking for designs or company logos? Some people will say that it will make your car look "Rice". In my opinion the Lightning Yellow Lancers look great. Maybe a single black stripe that gets wider towards the rear of the car. Where the black stripe ends on the rear fender, have a cut out of the Mitsubishi tri-diamond. It is a simple design that doesn't over do it. It should also not cost a whole lot sense it is a single color.

Keep in mind that whatever you do, the more colors in your graphic, the more it will cost. On my old G2 Eclipse I had some graphics that had 6 colors. Each side cost $280 to have printed up.

Well good luck on what you decide to do. In my opinion, save the money for a real paint job, and tell the friends to shove it. It could have been a worse color, like a lime green....

L8r, Jay
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
please don't desecrate the car with vinyl graphics. ... and at RRM (www.roadracemotorsports.com).

so is my road///race motorsports vinyl on my windshield too much?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:56 PM
Account Disabled

i think vynals can be done well, but people overdo it. i mean adamkeans car looks great. but u really need the right car. i would say dont vynal it, instead powdercoat the rims black and upgrade ur suspension right away. first step... kbar, then sway!
Old Aug 8, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do like the look of the "2 fast 2 furious" evo stripe they have goin on the side, some nice lancers on here with there own version of it. Kinda stylish. like wiretap said a new grill/eyelids will change look of front end. I have them from rrm and i love em. other then that save for performance..
Old Aug 8, 2005, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by datdjrobp
so is my road///race motorsports vinyl on my windshield too much?
haha, no thats fine..

Ok Frank, a simple design is ok if it looks good. No dragons or huge complicated messes. But its up to you. Most people will make fun of it even worse, but hey, its all what you like. I get ripped on all the time for yellow tint on these boards, but its unique and nobody in my area has it, so the people around me love it. But if you got a turbo, get whatever grafix u want and kick some ****.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

i have vinyls and i like em

Quick Reply: Graphics for an 03 lancer oz