Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Re-wired signal lights =D

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya i guess they are the side markers, where can you get those bulbs ?
Old Nov 13, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

got them online... Side marker and parking signal bulbs are the same. They're 1156 i believe... actually i just ordered my yellow ones... i only have those white ones as temporary.. i got them for 20 dollars.. PIAA Hyper White... if you want them i'll give them to u free.. just pay for shipping =D... if ur close u can pick them up for free when my yellow ones come in..
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

it would be a bit of a drive for me ya ill take em, ill send ya a PM, thanks
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Wouldnt this be possible to just swap the wiring from light to light... running the wires from the blinkers to the running lights, and from the running lights to the blinkiers? I had thought about doing this a while ago, but wasnt sure about the wiring. I am sure this can be done w/ out a switch, depending on power distribution to the lights... dont want to blow em when the lights are turned on. Ill have to try this one out. Please post a link to a write up w/ picks! or PM me w/ some instructions :-)
Old Dec 29, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vietxscapeD
All i did was take the signal bulbs out... cut the positive wire and hooked them up to a switched 12v connection. Use a 12v switched connection because that way if u turn off ur car, it'll kill the power tothe lights as well. If u connect it to the battery then u could leave ur lights on on accidnet and drain ur battery. The wire that i tapped into for the 12v connection was the cigarette lighter. If you take apart the middle glove compartment ( the housing that goes over the e-brake(where i put the switch)), you'll see the plug for the cigarette lighter. Tap into the red wire(which is power) and you're done. I guess if enough peopel want pictures and thorough write up i'd be happy to do so when i install my HID kit.
So what are you blinkers now? The ones that used to be the parking lights? Or are you only using the side markers?

Originally Posted by EarsLikenElf
Wouldnt this be possible to just swap the wiring from light to light... running the wires from the blinkers to the running lights, and from the running lights to the blinkiers?
That's exacly what I'm thinking about right now.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 01:21 PM

I just re-wired my signal lights in the front to become foglights in a way. I used a toggle switch which i put near the e-brake. I used a switched 12v connection which i found thanks to you forum guys =D... You also get faster blinkers after doign this since you're cutting the power load from the other signal lights.
Guess I'm a little late!

But I've thought of doing something similar myself. I was thinking of putting a relay in line with the lights, so they'd still work like turn signals, just instead of flashing "on and off", they'd be on most of the time, so they'd flash "off and on". If that makes any sense!

Did you do anything like that? Has anyone written that up?

Earl

Edited for spelling

Last edited by Earl Needham; Dec 29, 2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Earl Needham
Did you do anything like that?
He was going for the fog light look, so I'd assume that's not the route he took.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 03:43 PM

Yeah, I suspect you're right. I just hoped somebody had already done the mod I mentioned, as it seems it would be a great visibility enhancement.

Earl
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

what fog lights bulbs are those, h11 55w piaa?
yeah i'm using piaa bulbs
So you got a light like this to fit in there?

Or 1 like this:
Old Jan 3, 2006, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

bump for answers
Old Jan 4, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

{b lob}

You get the point?

Edit:

Ok... maybe I should have read more carfeully
got them online... Side marker and parking signal bulbs are the same. They're 1156 i believe... actually i just ordered my yellow ones... i only have those white ones as temporary.. i got them for 20 dollars.. PIAA Hyper White... if you want them i'll give them to u free.. just pay for shipping =D... if ur close u can pick them up for free when my yellow ones come in..
So... the 1156 are the ones you put in the inside part of the housing?

Last edited by blaze_125; Jan 4, 2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

sorry for whoring your thread
I just got my-self a pair of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

You think I'll like them? Or did I just throw money out the window?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

If I keep asking questions here... I guess someone will answer sooner or later right

If I was to use a bulb like this in the signal portion of the housing, what bulb # would I need? I saw a few that looked like they had a similar "locking" system.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

looks good, im actually thinkin about doing that now...i got a fix it ticket for my sidemarkers being blue(i still say a light spearmint) but back on topic>are your sidemarkers still white aka flash white b/c the cop that pulled me over said that headlight signals had 2 be yellow/amber/orange>how ever u want to see it....
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:42 PM

I'd like to see a little write-up about this too. I've been wanting to do this for a while myself like someone else said, but wasn't sure if you could just flip the wires or if there was something from preventing that. It seems like you wouldn't need the switch, but maybe I'm missing something.

Quick Reply: Re-wired signal lights =D