Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Headlight nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Headlight nightmare.

Well, so i decided today to blackout my HL's...

Everything went well, ive done this before with my other car, but of course since im a newb with lancers, i knew i'd find a think here and there that needed patience.

Everythign was perfect until i had to put the painte part into the clear lens of the HL's... It got pretty hard... i tried slowly but wouldnt go in, at this point im fustrated and the paint has chipped a bit.. so ****!... to make things worse, i pushed a bit too hard and broke, not one.. but BOTH brackets!!!!.. i was pretty pissed, i put it back together, its still holds on pretty good, but the paint looks ****ty...

The second HL went on pretty well, since i had learned my lesson. That one came out pretty good...

Here's a ****ty pic.

Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

unless you want to epoxy those brackets back on (would that work?), you need to find a replacement because only 1 out of 3 won't keep your headlight at the right angle. You probably know that, but I've see idiots try to keep using lights with broken tabs before. Sucks to happen, but you could have broken both headlights' tabs.....
Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the same thing. The lenses only go in one way. I put it in wrong and when I pushed I snapped both brackets off. What I did is what PGDlancer said. I took epoxy abd just overlapped them a tiny bit. they stuck. I screwed in the remaning bracket that didnt brake then screwed the broken two just enouph to hold snuggly. not a issue so far and its been a few months. As far as the paint. I have some crap sections on mine. Noone has noticed. I notice because I know they are there but thats no biggie. you could allways take em apart and re-do them.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

3 brackets??? hmmm.. i only had (and broke) 2.. im talking about the brackets in the part that you actually paint... i must be crazy, i only saw 2... :s
Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

time for cedias
Old Jul 6, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

At first i thought you broke the tabs that hold the headlight on to the frame but your talking about the tabs that hold the blinker lens in right? I would just put a ring of silicone sealant around the edge and press it back into place.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There may be two... lol. for some reason I remember three in mine. anywho. I just epoxyd the two I broke back together and it works fine. im talking about the chrome housing (that you have now painted black).

If you are talking about the blinker lens. my bad. I misunderstood.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

I just did mine. I know exactly what you are talking about. I want to ammend the How-To. When reassembling after paint you should cover the glue with masking tape so the painted part doesn't stick when you put it back in.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

I second that.