Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Over the Summer through Now Update

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the Summer through Now Update

Well I haven't updated in a while and I figured I'd add some pics after my most recent mod. Since my last update I got a new head unit, RRM Crank Pulley, Sirius Satellite Radio, and Custom Carbon Fiber Gauge Cluster.

First was the head unit..

Out with the old.

In with the new!

The JVC KD-AVX2
3.5 Inch LCD Moniter.
Satellite Radio Ready
CD, Mp3, WMA, WAV, DVD Player
Loads of features

Once I get my External DVD Burner (Christmas) I'll be able to record a HUGE DVD of music. Holding 4.7 GB of music happiness. In the meantime I record mp3 CDs holding a measly 700 MB of music . I can get around 15 Artist Folders that have about 20 songs from each artist onto the CD right now. Heres a pic of how I can scroll through the artist lists..

Oh and did I mention, DVD Player?!?! Believe me, this 3.5 inch LCD Screen is unbelievable. Very clear and clean.
How would you like to be enjoying an episode of The Simpsons while in traffic.. (Camera moved a little while taking the pic, sorry for the blur )

And to top it off.. Sirius Satellite Radio
I decided to install it on the trunk. Never seen it done like that before and wanted to be unique. Looks great and I surprisingly have gotten compiments!

Had to wire the antenna to the JVC adapter which I mounted under the passenger seat. (No pics of it under the seat, slipped my mind )

Gotta love The Howard Stern Show in the mornings..

Next was the RRM Crank Pulley..
Not easy to see but I liked the difference it made performance-wise!

After that I bought a pair of Pyle 9" Sunvisor LCD TVs and these things are HUGE!

..So big that they dont fit =\ Since the headliner dips down in the middle, these are too wide and wont fit into the inset for our sunvisors. I'm shipping these back for a refund this week.

And my most recent mod..

Custom Carbon Fiber Gauge Cluster.
Bought a carbon fiber design sticker 15" tall by 45" wide off ebay for 17 bucks. Did the rest myself. Took about 3 hours.. long as crap for a sticker. I'm very happy with the result and it looks great. There are some imperfections but from the distance of the drivers seat, it is unnoticable.

Don't know what is next, suggestions?
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:18 PM

Personally i wouldnt spend sh1tt load of money of these kinds of audio/video and interior mods...........but in the end it comes down to one thing. "It is your car so do what u want"

To answer your question: Ever though of getting some rims, suspension mods and performance mods???
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Couple of ideas to help make things look neater.

1. If it won't interfere with the operation of the stereo, pull it out and redrill the mountin holes in your factory brackets about 1/2" futher back so that the face of your stereo will sit flush with the trim bezel. The face on that stereo is big enough to fill the opening.

2. If it isn't too much of a pain, and if you would be interested in the look, center your Sirius antenna above the windshield and mount it as low as it will go. You will probably get more compliments that way, and it will look cleaner. If not, just move it to the forward edge of the trunk lid and eliminate the tail. I promise you, either on will look cleaner.

3. Probably too late, but if you have any of the carbon fiber stuff left, redo the instument cluster, use a heat gun to help conform it to your curves a little better.

Other than the minor details, looks ok.

If you think I am talking bad about your work, that is not the case at all. I just have a higher standard for the finished product than most people I know. That's how I got the name.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Never SatisfiedI just have a higher standard for the finished product than most people I know. That's how I got the name.[/QUOTE]

^^ i like that

how do u like the visor monitors? i was trying to decide between those or custom mounting one on my dash
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

is it just me or does the CF piece look totally off?
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I put my XM antenna on the trunk of my Evo IX because the roof is aluminium,it's not unique.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ohfourLancer
is it just me or does the CF piece look totally off?
i think your seeing the sides of where it goes in.. i didnt CF that.

Thanks for the criticism. And your right, I dont have any more CF left
I'm still happy with it, as it was a p.i.t.a. to cut it out to the exact shape.

XM Antenna? Pff.. Sirius > XM, get out of here
Old Nov 5, 2006, 02:44 PM

Upping for more opinions
Old Nov 5, 2006, 04:08 PM

Looks nice man! I would redo the gauges though try put the sticker on wet gives you more play with the sticker.