Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Evo 9 wing fitment on 02 Lancer OZ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 9 wing fitment on 02 Lancer OZ

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody could give me a quick answer on how well the evolution 9 wing fits on the 02 lancer.

I am looking at these 2 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...spagenameZWDVW

I am a little new to understanding all of this but they say evo 8 and evo 9 so will these fit on my car.

Also I know a body shop could put a break light in the top part if I asked them to but do you guys know if it is thick enough and has anybody done this and if so can I see a picture.

I really appreciate any help you guys could give me.

Thanks
(my car is goign to the body shop sometime this week for prep and paint.)
Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you meen, put a brake light into the middle section of the wing.... why? Put a 3'rd brake light from a lancer or evo in the rear window like a evo or lancer es/ls has stock..... and yes. a 8/9 wing will work. It will use the stock holes on the outside but you will be left with the middle hole which will need to be plugged and painted.... or just plugged.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

You could possibly put a third brake light in the wing, buy why? Like mitsouzboi said, just put one inside the car. Easier and less of a hassle...
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

if you had a light fabbed into the wing it would look gay. the midsection isnt thick at all.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

I appreciate it guys...there are just some aspects of the car I really haven't looked at. I just figured that all cars had it in the wing.

I'll keep my eye out for a 3rd brake light to put in the rear window.

I'll order that wing tonight...are both of the wings listed in my original thread the same? I really didn't see a difference except for total price
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

neither of those even have it installed on an Evo (in the main pictures)

then for the rear light, all you need is something like thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-T...92473687QQrdZ1 that one seems a tad expensive, but you get the idea.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the link...it helps alot

I am going to try to stick with mitsu OEM
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:20 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sadude
Thanks for the link...it helps alot

I am going to try to stick with mitsu OEM
Good Idea...you might want to look into getting another lancer wingless trunk and drilling out the factory wholes or even go carbon fiber. I'm not sure how much it would be to plug the hole and paint it. Probably more than you want to spend. Not sure though.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Well I am getting the whole car painted so I will get the extra holes filled in and done right. I am thinking I might get the rear keyhole filled in as well and if I ever go the route of a backup camera then I'll just mount it to the rear license plate frame.

Ok...quick question for all of you...not trying to go off track but in terms of paint, right now I am getting the whole re-done in stock mistu silver color. I am torn on 2 things...should I get the VG done in silver or leave it in black to sort of blend in with the antenna and rear window.

Also the evo 8 spoiler, i have seen members where they paint the middle portion black or make it all uniform.

Right now I am leaning toward VG in black but spoiler all silver.

What do you guys thing? I have been hunting and saw a lot of pics already, I am definetly keeping the hood and roof silver but just torn on these last 2 things. Eyelids will be silver also.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

stick with your idea. I don't like the color matched VG's. Leave it black. And yes paint the whole wing silver.....i totally agree with ya. good luck.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

ok, if you haven't ordered the wing yet, both are from accolade (or at least thats the pictures they use). The first one is an evo 8 spoiler, the second is an evo 9 spoiler. Differences are mainly that the 8 has the deck and inside the walls done in black (real ones are CF) and the 9 only has the deck black. I would call accolade to see if there spoilers fit the stock holes because true, stock wings fit, but some aftermarket ones don't. And on paint, definately get the VG black, and if it were me, 'd get the deck on the spoiler done black, just cause it looks good.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

I have ordered the wing cause I need to get things in motion, the body shop got my body kit today already.

Ok, let me see if I can get a hold of accolade, I emailed David earlier but haven't got a response yet. From what the auctions say or as I understand it, they fit the stock holes but it doesn't hurt to double check.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

I just bought the wing form acolade. check it out if it helps you with anything...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...6&d=1173579863

I think it is the evo 8 wing, it was a gift from my bro, so i am not sure...what a nice guy. The paint was done by my dad, he's got a body shop so it was free.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

^^^Nice wint, it is an evo 8 wing too.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the pic man...can you tell me how you got it painted? Is the whole thing silver or is interior portion of it black.

I am torn between these two options...I think I might keep it all silver but then again I have tints and some blacked tail lights (inside) so a little extra black might really help out with bringing some other color out.

NICE INSTALL!!!!

Quick Reply: Evo 9 wing fitment on 02 Lancer OZ