Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Vortex Generator for 2008+ Lancers?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why don't you two test it out

at your own discretion
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Kelly
no better than it would if you drove a tricycle off a cliff.
hahaha

anyways…i decided i’m going to get them (in black)
if you want, you can wait for me to post pictures…but that won’t be until April (gonna wait for winter to pass)
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Wow... and to think, so many people made fun of me when I put some on my car 7 months ago.

They look pretty good if you take the time to space them evenly and figure out a set angle for all of them.

Got mine for $7.95 when they first got put on the market. Mine are not quite as tall as those are.

*Edit - Just noticed they come with fairly detailed instructions with recommended angles. I think mine are angled about the same as they say to.

Last edited by Never Satisfied; Dec 1, 2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
those stick on ones are hideous. imho
Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:27 PM

Has anyone here attached them yet ??? I heard they look like **** up close even if they are properly mounted and spaced ...
Old Dec 29, 2007, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

if everyone was serious about aerodynamics then they would do something about the rather large bubble air trap where the stock muffler use to be (for those who upgraded their exhausts) There is a rather large aerodynamic drag caused by the removal of the stock muffler.

I working on a under car air damn for a friend here, I will post details when I get my hands on the finished product.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
if everyone was serious about aerodynamics then they would do something about the rather large bubble air trap where the stock muffler use to be (for those who upgraded their exhausts) There is a rather large aerodynamic drag caused by the removal of the stock muffler.

I working on a under car air damn for a friend here, I will post details when I get my hands on the finished product.
Wow...that never even occurred to me. Some kind of air dam/diffuser would be great. Although, making it "universal" fit might be a little tough, as there are a lot of different exhaust sizes/configurations.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:14 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mitsubishi hasn't released anything as of yet, but aftermarket may first. I bet they will though. Keep an eye out.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
Wow...that never even occurred to me. Some kind of air dam/diffuser would be great. Although, making it "universal" fit might be a little tough, as there are a lot of different exhaust sizes/configurations.
I am working with a sponsor to develop a three piece kit for the underside that will work around most if not all exhausts currently out there. remember you just need air guides / flaps in the right place to properly divert the air. if done properly, downforce will be greated at high speeds. The effect is profound in the race world. Our cars are hardly race cars, but turning drag into proper air flow and downforce is a positive thing.

Pulling some favors but trying to utilize a campus airtunnel for the trial and error parts.

Its fun, but the project isnt moving as fast as I would like it too.

target is to have a working final project part done by Feb or March, I have run out project cars so it will involve me using the EVOSOUL 3 Car, but if enough money comes in, I might be buying a semi wreaked car from an auction.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied
Wow... and to think, so many people made fun of me when I put some on my car 7 months ago.

They look pretty good if you take the time to space them evenly and figure out a set angle for all of them.

Got mine for $7.95 when they first got put on the market. Mine are not quite as tall as those are.

*Edit - Just noticed they come with fairly detailed instructions with recommended angles. I think mine are angled about the same as they say to.
I think most people will still be making fun of you even though two more people purchased them.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I am working with a sponsor to develop a three piece kit for the underside that will work around most if not all exhausts currently out there. remember you just need air guides / flaps in the right place to properly divert the air. if done properly, downforce will be greated at high speeds. The effect is profound in the race world. Our cars are hardly race cars, but turning drag into proper air flow and downforce is a positive thing.

Pulling some favors but trying to utilize a campus airtunnel for the trial and error parts.

Its fun, but the project isnt moving as fast as I would like it too.

target is to have a working final project part done by Feb or March, I have run out project cars so it will involve me using the EVOSOUL 3 Car, but if enough money comes in, I might be buying a semi wreaked car from an auction.
Awesome. Definitely keep us posted
Old Jan 6, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

i have Vgs on my Prius
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

the real ones are 39" from trim to trim long. Our roof from trim to trim is 40.25"long i am sure if we order the regular ones for evo 9 and stick it on with some good double sided tape it will look awesome too. Now the problem with this is that our antenna is further up on the roof than the evos, or older lancers. I have done a photoshop of how this might look like.

Before photoshop (notice antenna being further up)

After photoshop

now basically, to those lancer owners that cars didnt come with sirius sat radio. You can take the original antenna off and install the vortex generator as pictured in the photoshop ( do at ur own risk ) but there will be a 2-3" gap between the rear window and the actual vortex generator....Ebay has really cheap ones, if you wanna test with this. Personally i would not buy the seperate stick on ones as the guy on cardomain did.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:13 PM

I can't remember but the VG's for the 08 have been brought up before. Someone on the forum knows a lot about the aerodynamics and found some stuff from about the airflow of the new 08. I looked like what the VG's accomplished on the 9 would kill the good airflow on the 08 with the factory design.
I maybe be wrong but I would do a forum search first instead of buying some crappy VGs and screwing up airflow that fixed for this model. Good luck!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Any updates or news on the VG's? I'm really hoping someone comes out with one for our Lancers.

Quick Reply: Vortex Generator for 2008+ Lancers?