Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Aerocatch hood pins installed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
These are sweet latches. You can use them for so many things. I just installed a set on my CF hood. A buddy of mine has the flush/bottom mount Aerocatch pins intalled on a Ralliart big $$ hood. That took alot of time and shot nerves trying to do it without screwing anything up. They turned out beautifully.

I got mine from RallySportDirect. They were a little bit more than the above link, but I've ordered ALOT of stuff from them and they have great service.

BTW, if anyone is interested I have a set of bottom/flush mount Aerocatch latches for sale. PM me.

To the OP, nice looking install! Love the shape of your hood! I thought it was an EVO 4 or 5 or something until I realized it was a lancer.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
Only downside is the huge hole you have to cut. Theres really no going back with these things.
Man thats gotta be nerve racking as hell to get those holes cut right.... Good job on the install, they look much better than the chrome ones you see on most cars
Old Jul 29, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WangMan
Man thats gotta be nerve racking as hell to get those holes cut right.... Good job on the install, they look much better than the chrome ones you see on most cars
yeah, I was nervous. I had never installed any nor watched anyone install them. It really isnt that hard tho. Just measure tons of times and these come with good instructions and templates to cut out. The hardest part really is figuring out where to mount the pins and getting them to line up right.