Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

2009 Lancer GTS OEM EVO X Hood

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice! Glad to hear that its direct bolt on, I'm tempted to get one myself.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
150 hood
150 shipping
50 labor
75 materials

so 425 total.

And thanks for the comments.
Where did you order the hood from? That's an amazing price!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

That is a amazing price, but shipping is another 150.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it was an OEM hood off a 2008 ww evo x, it was a 1 time deal.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
comments like this are stupid and show nothing but jealousy.

did i write look at my new EVO ???? NO!

i dont have an evo because i am 22 and insurance quote was about 400 a month. I make over 60k a year so an evo was not out of the price range at all. i just dont see spending 500 a month on an evo then near 400 a month on insurance.

i also drive 50 miles round trip to work everyday so the fuel economy on the evo isnt good for a DD.
yes i must be jealous.
original statement stays the same. ' looks good, but its still not an evo ' glad you only see that as an insult..
LOL go cry in your pillow now.

and if your worried about insurance being high, why would you modify another vehicle that has lower insurance costs when an insurance company can deny coverage on aftermarket parts.. and yes they can and will do it.

take it however you want, but no point in crying over someone not 100% liking your car, don't post pictures if you can't take criticism.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Feb 8, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
yes i must be jealous.
original statement stays the same. ' looks good, but its still not an evo ' glad you only see that as an insult..

and if your worried about insurance being high, why would you modify another vehicle that has lower insurance costs when an insurance company can deny coverage on aftermarket parts.. and yes they can and will do it.

take it however you want, but no point in crying over someone not 100% liking your car, don't post pictures if you can't take criticism.

I can take criticism, I just think its pointless for someone who doesnt have an evo either saying anything about my car when i never said it WAS an evo.

and ive checked with my insurance company, adding an OEM hood does not deny coverage. I guess you missed that part, by OEM i meant from an EVO (its an actual mitsubishi part incase your dumb and dont understand) thus its not an "aftermarket" part.

Ive also checked on the seats, since they too are OEM and not aftermarket they are covered too.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

I want a deal like that! The Evo owners over here keep all of their original parts.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

yes i must be jealous.

90% of the time aftermarket body parts cost MUCH MUCH MUCH less than OEM ones. SOOOO on the subject of our insurance trying to deny your claim based on a different hood on the car is asinine. IF you can prove to them that the aftermarket part cost less to replace and paint you can bet your *** they are not going to deny your claim. It saves them money when people have aftermarket body kits. So unless you have something constructive to say why would you even post in this thread? Seems like you are just trying to stir up trouble.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stuntfly02
90% of the time aftermarket body parts cost MUCH MUCH MUCH less than OEM ones. SOOOO on the subject of our insurance trying to deny your claim based on a different hood on the car is asinine. IF you can prove to them that the aftermarket part cost less to replace and paint you can bet your *** they are not going to deny your claim. It saves them money when people have aftermarket body kits. So unless you have something constructive to say why would you even post in this thread? Seems like you are just trying to stir up trouble.
Thanks.

plus OEM hood for an EVO from the dealer isnt much more than a lancer hood. Ive seen another member who had a front collision pay the difference and get the OEM hood installed by his insurance company. once they give you the $ amount they say they will give you you can do whatever else you want to your car as long as you pay the difference.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Man you guys need not to get riled up about that Demon guy. He's a hypocrite... he cried like a little girl when I reamed him for bolting up all of his turbo components EXCEPT for the turbo itself, and he has an EVO wing on. So much for someone who likes to give 'constructive criticism' but yet can't take it himself.

As for the OP, your car looks clean. It just sucks that the 08+ Lancers can use the X hood without modification... I could sure use the venting of an EVO hood on my Lancer...
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MarkOJ1011
Man you guys need not to get riled up about that Demon guy. He's a hypocrite... he cried like a little girl when I reamed him for bolting up all of his turbo components EXCEPT for the turbo itself, and he has an EVO wing on. So much for someone who likes to give 'constructive criticism' but yet can't take it himself.

As for the OP, your car looks clean. It just sucks that the 08+ Lancers can use the X hood without modification... I could sure use the venting of an EVO hood on my Lancer...
thanks for the comment. i did not know he had an evo wing.

so im guessing on the 02 lancer the evo hood doesnt fit directly ?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

looks nice, but its still not an evo.
i guess thats what they told you when you put your evo wing on and turbo.
car looks good but...

still not an evo.

not that I care, just pointing out that someone probably told you that so you felt you had to relay the message.

Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

so im guessing on the 02 lancer the evo hood doesnt fit directly ?
Nope it doesnt... you would have to do a full-on front end swap (fenders, bumper hood) to do it.

I could just go with an aftermarket hood... but I've already had a bad experience with those CF hoods...
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:54 AM

looks good man i got a CF one comin for my whiite gts
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cmin_nossnah
looks good man i got a CF one comin for my whiite gts
thats going to look clean on ww.

nice choice on car color. it was either TB or WW for me but i obviously went with TB.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer GTS OEM EVO X Hood