Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Bai Lancer! <333

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you just sold your soul.....oh well happy motoring!
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

not bad cars..i could just never get over how god ugly they look..and how hard it is to tell the difference between the STi and WRX.. a lot harder than an evo and lancer.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by LuDa
not bad cars..i could just never get over how god ugly they look..and how hard it is to tell the difference between the STi and WRX.. a lot harder than an evo and lancer.
Well the current Evo and Lancer look really similar.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
u have no idea what psi its running and how the car is tuned and what they got those numbers from...its a shownshine, not shownwhine.

like the new car!
Just stage 2 makes 350 HP, with an upgraded turbo and all that jazz he should be closer to 400 HP. Unless he has it tuned extremely mild, which I doubt he does. It should be an absolute beast.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

great car man!!!!!

how much you get it for?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

i was gonna flame u for the srt haha
honestly i'd buy a subaru anyday..just for
the boxter engine
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Just stage 2 makes 350 HP, with an upgraded turbo and all that jazz he should be closer to 400 HP. Unless he has it tuned extremely mild, which I doubt he does. It should be an absolute beast.
It definitely feels like a beast

Originally Posted by shutout809
great car man!!!!!

how much you get it for?
a great price, few thousand under kbb with 62k miles; she wasn't driven for a few months and apparently never garaged but I couldn't be happier!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Any upgrade plans?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

congrats!
cant wait to get rid of my lancer next month
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Any upgrade plans?
Just trying to get through MD inspection first, might have to put stock exhaust back on since it's catless. Then maybe a nice set of coilovers if money allows

Originally Posted by SlvrOz117
congrats!
cant wait to get rid of my lancer next month
Whatcha got in mind?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Kick rocks Suby owner!

J/K

Nice upgrade dude. I'd take one just for the turbo AWD. I thought you were serious about that Neon - you were about to get slapped through your computer screen.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

You should've upgraded to EVO, seriously speaking, evo are way more easier to mod than the boxer engined impreza and cost less.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Actually that's incorrect and AMS has the data to prove it.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Actually that's incorrect and AMS has the data to prove it.
To give you a few example.
1. Replacing spark plugs are much easier on I-4 engine than the horizontal opposed boxer engine.
2. EVO can easily benefit from pair of camshafts to improve it's overall HP/TQ band, w/out upgrading the turbo, most evos out there w/ cams with stock turbo are making AVG 340whp - 370whp
how many impreza owners out there have cams upgrade?
3. MINE'S JAPAN has already mention this many times that EVO are way stronger than Impreza, it will cost impreza more money to be in the same performance level as evo, I've seen the interview myself. To quote Mine's comment "zen zen tsuyoii" in English it means definitly stronger.
4. Comparing stock turbo to stock turbo, cammed evo are making more whp/tq and are faster than Impreza Sti. I've race my friend's STI with all bolt ons, evo with cams' topend is way stronger, since the race, he upgraded to DOM III turbo w/ front mount, I was still manage to keep up with him from 2nd to 4th gear roll, and he is making 400whp/tq and I only have 350whp.
5. Handling - evo are known to have better handling than Impreza STI, and you can see that in almost every magazine review, car & driver, road & track, evo pulls higher g on slalom course than Impreza.
6. When I was in Japan, there are a lot of EVO VS IMPREZA circuit events, most of the time EVO sets the track records than Impreza. For example, HKS Carbon evo, Cyber evo, these two evos have secure their place in time attack in Japan for many years.
7. Top gears tv show from England has compare EVO VS IMPREZA numerous times in their stock form, and evo has better lap time in their test course.

Last edited by fugiwara; Apr 14, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
To give you a few example.
1. Replacing spark plugs are much easier on I-4 engine than the horizontal opposed boxer engine.
2. EVO can easily benefit from pair of camshafts to improve it's overall HP/TQ band, w/out upgrading the turbo, most evos out there w/ cams with stock turbo are making AVG 340whp - 370whp
how many impreza owners out there have cams upgrade?
3. MINE'S JAPAN has already mention this many times that EVO are way stronger than Impreza, it will cost impreza more money to be in the same performance level as evo, I've seen the interview myself. To quote Mine's comment "zen zen tsuyoii" in English it means definitly stronger.
4. Comparing stock turbo to stock turbo, cammed evo are making more whp/tq and are faster than Impreza Sti. I've race my friend's STI with all bolt ons, evo with cams' topend is way stronger, since the race, he upgraded to DOM III turbo w/ front mount, I was still manage to keep up with him from 2nd to 4th gear roll, and he is making 400whp/tq and I only have 350whp.
5. Handling - evo are known to have better handling than Impreza STI, and you can see that in almost every magazine review, car & driver, road & track, evo pulls higher g on slalom course than Impreza.
6. When I was in Japan, there are a lot of EVO VS IMPREZA circuit events, most of the time EVO sets the track records than Impreza. For example, HKS Carbon evo, Cyber evo, these two evos have secure their place in time attack in Japan for many years.
7. Top gears tv show from England has compare EVO VS IMPREZA numerous times in their stock form, and evo has better lap time in their test course.
So.....what in gods name made you say that it's cheaper to make the evo faster?

Quick Reply: Bai Lancer! <333