Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Debadging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2002, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting badges back on...

Ok for those who wanted to color the RED what do you use to safely place the emblem back on and also how do you do it???
Old Jun 20, 2002, 09:19 AM
Account Disabled

Double sided tape

you can get that stuff, at a hobby shop, pretty much same stuff, they used in the first place to put them on, its called double sided tape, which they use to attach electronics in r/c cars
Old Jun 20, 2002, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

what a cute daughter, im sur eyou are very proud!!!

back on topic though... i think the lancer badge looks hot, i would never take mine off. the only time i would take it off is if i were to take off all badges, and if i had an all black lancer. that would look killer. then if i was like Boni i would drop a turbo in and some internal mods.. and sha-bam!!! a sleeper! ok ill stop day dreaming now.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, if you didn't chunk the Lancer thing, I would love to have another set...

But, glad this posted. Want to get rid of that Dealer thing, and also the ES thing... just think it would look cleaner...
Old Jun 20, 2002, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

i wonder how it would look if i took off my ......
Old Jun 20, 2002, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Eh.. I don't know the reasoning behind stripping off all of this.... my opinion, keep at least the mitsu logo. Otherwise your car will just look... wierd. Kinda like those ZUM pictures that have no insignias, but, not as fast or badass looking.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 01:32 PM

Use fishing line or dental floss to remove. Just saw through the double sticky back tape. 90 proof rubbing alcohol on a towel will take off the left over glue/tape. Don't rub hard on the paint when doing this. Keep the towel on the tape. Double sticky back tape can also be had much cheaper at any home improvement warehouse. Happy debagging and rebagging.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

just noticed.. you have an OZ edition without the spoiler... i thought the spoiler was apart of the OZ package
Old Jun 20, 2002, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
spoiler

Spoiler as far as I know was the only option...I didn't really care for it. A spoiler on a car with 120 HP?
Old Jun 20, 2002, 07:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

120 hp FWD car no less. Looks nice though imho.

The spoilers many of us sport on the backs of our OZ's are, in fact, an option. MSRP for them is/was $360...in case anyone else wasn't sure. If you took a brochure from the dealership it shows all the options for each model. As mcbrown said...spoiler's the only option for the OZ.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

when i painted my badges i didn't take them off, well, you can't take the front one off anywayz. I taped around it and painted them on the car...be careful!!!
Old Jun 20, 2002, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by StreetLancer

But, glad this posted. Want to get rid of that Dealer thing, and also the ES thing... just think it would look cleaner...
Yeah, the dealer badge on my my car was f'n huge, bigger than the OZ emblem. All I did was stick a screwdriver in and pryed it just far off enough where I could stick my fingers in and pry the rest of it off with my hands. You should be okay using a screwdriver as long you don't make any contact with the tip of the screwdriver and the car's paint. A lot faster method if you don't have any patience.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, I'm impatient... but, if there is less room from error, I'll just suffer through it.

And to the thread starter... did you keep the L A N C E R? If so, I'd like to have em.
Old Jun 21, 2002, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

You can take the paint of by just ripping it off
Do what the link says that I posted, it may be slower but it is the best way to do it.
Old Jun 21, 2002, 01:48 AM

Yes, your way is the best. But I was impatient and couldn't stand the huge dealer badge any longer.

Quick Reply: Debadging