Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Thoughts on this body kit...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on this body kit...

Hey guys, new guy here.

Just looking for opinions on Accolade body kits. This one specifically. http://www.body-kit.com/2008Lanevox.html (Scroll down to the Blue and white car, Its stock except for the body kit and rims) I tried to find reviews on this company and other then its site testimonials which we all know are BS most of the time there seem to be few.

I have a 09 Lancer SE and i feel like this kit would make the car much more aggressive. Plus, My paint is peeling off the front bumper more and more as time wears on (Around 4 or 5 square inches) so may as well get something that looks sharp because my mitsu dealer wont touch it for free. If im spending money may as well go big right?

As for painting i was thinking flat black on hood and spoiler as well as the rear fins on the bumper. Everything else except for in between the grill (sorry dont know technical name) area as well as the section on the front lip that corresponds to the grill insert piece i want stock colors.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do a google search on accolade. That will sum up an anwser for you.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Dont know personally, but i've heard some negative things about customer service from accolade. On a side note, I really like that first Red one on that page, the stance looks really good and color combo.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

If were you, I would price up OEM Evo X body parts because that is what the whole kit consists of besides the rear quarter flares. It might be cheaper to buy those OEM parts from someone like mitsubishiparts.net and just ordering those rear flares from accolade.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Accolade has one of a kind parts that they sell. They have decent fitment and that kit really aggressive. Through the past years though their customer service was going downhill with the shipping and being contacted, but around 4 years ago I had great customer service with them. I think they closed the US warehouse and if you did order from them I heard the kit will be shipped overseas which would take a while to come if you order it. cheers
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:25 AM
Account Disabled

I didn`t even click the link.. there is a guy in the lancer section selling that same kit... buy from him if you really want it..
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:04 AM

I e-mailed the guy from Accolade last night and received an e-mail within a couple minutes, He quoted me for all pieces (Including hood and spoiler) US 1650 and that includes Tax, Shipping and Duties apparently. The guy in the lancer forum was asking 1900 after starting at 2500 O.o
I am hesitant if the customer service is as bad as you guys suggest.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:29 AM
Account Disabled

that is how it is with accolade.. when you want a quote they get back to you asap but then as soon as they get your money your waiting months sometimes even over a year to get your parts. in some cases they never even show.

I wouldn`t give accolade a dime.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:14 AM

The price seems really good though. Considering i was looking at mitsubishiparts.net and just for the full skirt set would cost me more... I would be willing to deal with some sub par customer service if the price is reasonable.

Last edited by sE DegeN; Dec 22, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

so your willing to pay $1650 and possibly never get your kit.. possibly wait over a year to receive it, wait month after month while your kit still is sitting in buttphuck who knows where..

or you spend an extra $300 and get it from buddy on here.

Personally I wouldn`t buy the kit either way but how you spend your money is up to u.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:53 AM

Hold on never? Sorry i must have mis read that. The thing is my front bumper is rough shape from that plasti dip paint coating peeling off so. What direction do you think i should go with my car? Is there better retailers that offer a similar product? Or would i be better off just getting it re-painted?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sE DegeN
I e-mailed the guy from Accolade last night and received an e-mail within a couple minutes, He quoted me for all pieces (Including hood and spoiler) US 1650 and that includes Tax, Shipping and Duties apparently. The guy in the lancer forum was asking 1900 after starting at 2500 O.o
I am hesitant if the customer service is as bad as you guys suggest.
i would make sure to get that quote in writing or something, they started off offering me around 1600 for the kit, that was a "quote" 2 weeks later when i was ready to order it was up to 2,000 because of something having to do with shipping, not to mention i waited a little over a year to receive it after being PROMISED, over and over and over that i would get the kit from in only 2 months, for some reason it supposedly sat at the port of cali for 8 months, which i dont understand at all. if you do end up getting a kit like that, just know its not cheap to install, be ready to pay at least 3 grand to have it installed and painted. thats about the lowest quote i got for a full install with a decent paint job.

by that time the amount you spend on install and the kit you could have put that towards another car, if i planned on keeping my car more than another year i would keep it, but im just going to use that 5 grand to get another car.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:36 PM
Account Disabled

yes never.. some guys never got parts they ordered.. or got half the kit and never had the remaining pieces shipped..

as far as direction keep it clean, save that money and put it into tasteful mods.

maybe a drop, springs or coils, some nice aggressive wheels, front lip or something..

I'd either get your stuff repainted or if you really want a change go with a ralliart front.
I like how they curve around the front of the car and aren't so pointed off as the lancer front.

there is loads you can do to make your lancer unique and look like your own without turning it into a evo look a like.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by turbotime
yes never.. some guys never got parts they ordered.. or got half the kit and never had the remaining pieces shipped..

as far as direction keep it clean, save that money and put it into tasteful mods.

maybe a drop, springs or coils, some nice aggressive wheels, front lip or something..

I'd either get your stuff repainted or if you really want a change go with a ralliart front.
I like how they curve around the front of the car and aren't so pointed off as the lancer front.

there is loads you can do to make your lancer unique and look like your own without turning it into a evo look a like.

Thank you for your input!
Where could I look into pricing on a Ralliart front? I totally agree with you on the look of them.
Also where would be the best place to gain knowledge on things like coilovers, Lips and modding in general. I am quite new at all of this and dont want to sound like too much of a bother but i am very interested in learning and this place seems to be full of experienced people.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:53 PM
Account Disabled

ralliart front you will have to get from the dealer unless you can find one used here. check the for sale section.
you can find out about everything you need to know in the 2008-2011 lancer section here.. there is plenty to read about suspension, wheels lips ect.

have a browse through the exterior section and have a look at what other guys are running to get ideas and go off that.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this body kit...