Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Road///Race Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have all the toys, it's just a matter of getting them dialed in.... actually, I need the antidive kit, but that'll happen when I get a couple bucks I think rear camber at -1 and zero toe is going to help the spins and the loose feeling.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

what is the anti-dive kit....i've never heard that term before.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

search for the term... should get a rpw thread hit... gives all ya need to know about it in that thread

edit: here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&highlight=rpw its actually anit lift... cant find it with anti dive lol

Last edited by 03RallyLancer; Oct 5, 2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

does overboost even exist anymore?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

is a camber kit necessary? i have TEIN Basics.....do i NEED it or will it not hurt to not get it?

I have the rear anti sway bar that RRM sells, what's the difference between that and the whiteline one mentioned on page one of this thread?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

^ i have basics and i need it, its not nessesarily what kit you have that requires it, its how low your dropped
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Remember Camber kit is for the front. Rear on Lancer is adjustable already. IF you are not too low you prolly won't need to adjust camber in the front.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jan 29, 2006, 11:53 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad to say, but the Lancer has terrible factory tolerances in camber, so even a bone stock Lancer could benefit for better tire wear by getting a fron camber kit (my friend's STOCK Lancer measured with .25 positive camber on one side, 0 on the other). After lowering it, you might actually be better off, but if it can get you better tire life, why not pop the little money? Now the difference between the RRM kit and the cheapo kits are really just material. An ebay kit will work just fine... until it rusts and falls off because it's made of steel. Getting something that is more rust proof is a better idea and worth the extra $40-50 imo.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

besides tire wear, what benefit does the RRM camber kit give you??

this is how low i am

Old Jan 30, 2006, 09:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

While installing my NEX coilovers, I made use of the top bolt hole on the lower front mount being elongated. When I took it to an alignment shop, the only problem was the toe in the front and rear were out a little bit and there was no problems with the camber. I estimate I am lowered by about 2 inches all the way around.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

um... i dont really know much about this, but dont they adjust the camber at the place you get the alignment?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:13 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Originally Posted by Go_Lancer_Go
besides tire wear, what benefit does the RRM camber kit give you??
Properly adjusted camber gives you MUCH better traction. The theory is that when a wheel is under a lateral load (cornering) is tends to lean, so if your camber is the exact opposite of the expected lean, the tire would be the flattest at it's most crucial point, giving you better traction.

Originally Posted by kott_tot
um... i dont really know much about this, but dont they adjust the camber at the place you get the alignment?
They would if they could but they can't so they won't. As mentioned above, the front camber is not adjustable on a Lancer, so it can't be adjusted. The camber kit allows that to happen.

And to the above comment regarding elongated holes, that works just fine. As a matter of fact, that was my "camber kit" on my Tein SS kit. I just paid a suspension guru to step drill the upper holes out to get up to -2 degrees. FYI, camber plates are the best way to improve camber, but are also expensive (both for the parts and for installation), and only a couple of companies offer them for our lancer.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
Properly adjusted camber gives you MUCH better traction. The theory is that when a wheel is under a lateral load (cornering) is tends to lean, so if your camber is the exact opposite of the expected lean, the tire would be the flattest at it's most crucial point, giving you better traction.

They would if they could but they can't so they won't. As mentioned above, the front camber is not adjustable on a Lancer, so it can't be adjusted. The camber kit allows that to happen.

And to the above comment regarding elongated holes, that works just fine. As a matter of fact, that was my "camber kit" on my Tein SS kit. I just paid a suspension guru to step drill the upper holes out to get up to -2 degrees. FYI, camber plates are the best way to improve camber, but are also expensive (both for the parts and for installation), and only a couple of companies offer them for our lancer.

That is right. Contact patch area is increased at critical load moment.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jan 31, 2006, 02:07 PM

how much lower is the picture above? im looking into RRM progressive springs and im trying to figure out, r they gonna give me any performance or is it basically just gonna get rid of the wheel gap?? aslo should i buy front camber kit if thats all im gettign?
Old Jan 31, 2006, 04:24 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Bottom line, lowering the car will help the car handle a little bit better because of its lower center of gravity. And adjusting the camber will improve the handling ten times as much as simply lowering it. You don't NEED the camber kit with those springs, but if $100 will get you better handling AND longer tire life, it's a no brainer to me. And fwiw, a properly aligned camber kit on a stock suspension will outperform a simple set of lowering springs any day.

Quick Reply: Road///Race Camber Kit