Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Eibach pro-kit from RRM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2003, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still haven't had an alignment since the springs have been installed (approximately 5 - 6 months ago). My alignment is still fine although when I get my rims and tires I will align them for the sake of preserving more expensive stuff. As of right now my alignment is fine, my camber is slightly bowed in, but nothing to complain about or anything that throws the handling out of wack. Tires still have a normal tread wear, nothing uneven. Everything seems to be alright with my setup so far. Along with sd, I would recommend these springs. Reputable company with a great product.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

kool, thanks for the input guys :] makes me feel much better about keeping the springs.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 03:35 AM

would anyone have a before and after picture of the drop with eibach springs
Old Apr 30, 2003, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

My alignment was only off by .02 degree on the toe, but it was enough to show a very slight bit of uneven wear on the front tires. I'm running AVS ES100's which are modestly soft and the 17" rim I think just amplified the issue. So with that and autocrossing I wanted to make sure my alignment was good. It was off by little enough that unless you start noticing really bad tread wear you can probably get away with not realigning. But TECHNICALLY, you should :-)

My "It's gonnna be a fun weekend for me" thread and my profile have mixed pictures so you can see before and after drops. If I'm mistaken let me know and I'll post pics in here too as I have befores and afters with my new rims.

Later.

Steve
Old Apr 30, 2003, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

I'm thinking about the Buddy Club P1's and Yoko Parada spec 2's. Alignment will definately be done at that point just for that reason.

Glad we could be of assistance jennz. Hope you enjoy them.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 09:33 AM

I would be VERY wary of trading oput the OEM springs for Eibach springs. I put a bigger turbo, exhaust manifold and high volume fuel pump on my Glant VR 4. I then decided to put KYB AGX struts and Eibach springs to handle the increrase in horsepower.
I put the springs on and took them off the same day. They absolutely trashed the ride and the 1.3 inches the car was lowered was enough to change the ride characteristics drastically (not for the better). The Eibach springs are extremely stiff, the spring rate is not what the car was designed for, and I guarantee you will have an enormous difference. One you may not like.
I have 3000 miles on my EVO and I do not plan on touching the suspension.
For what it's worth. Good luck with the car.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 09:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On website I post numbers Eibach claims, but I told you a little lower because ,like extreme said, they seem to settle a little more. Progress springs don't seem to settleas much afterwords. But then Progress is a little stiffer too.
ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Apr 30, 2003, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

If you have an EVO I'd say leave the springs alone unless you can find similar rate springs that are just a fraction lower. But for the Lancer we have such soft suspensions and so much body roll that it certainly helps. You are going to end up with a much stiffer and more sensitive ride no matter what spring you go with. The progress and Tein springs are both stiffere than the Eibach's I believe. The Tein's probably feel the stiffest because of not being progressive and thus lacking the initial soft give that progressive springs have to try and maintain ride quality.

As I said before, you don't really notice the springs at all when it comes to bumps, road cracks, potholes etc. But where they show up and the car definitely feels stiff is when you go over uneven and sunken pavement. The car rides the countours of the road instead of riding "over" the contours. Just part of being stiff. The springs help a bit with cornering by reducing your body roll by a fraction. You get more suspension improvement from sway bars and strut bars and rims. But the springs do help a little bit and they do give you a better appearance by reducing the wheel gap.

For lowering springs I am very happy with them. They do settle out a little bit like Rock says. I don't know the final wheel gap that I ended up with, but I'm happy with it and am satisfied with the springs. You get used to the ride pretty quick. So if you are going to lower your car and realize you do sacrifice some ride quality then do it and I recommend the Eibach's as they are the better ride of the lowering springs. But if you aren't willing to accept a little more jouncy ride and stiffness in suspension, then don't both with ANY lowering springs plain and simple.

Later.

Steve
Old Apr 30, 2003, 02:55 PM

first of all ROCK thank you very mcuh for clearing that up for me, i have delt with u guys before and u are great. also just alittle by the way thing adventon.com sales those springs for 171 dollars any reason to why its so much lower? becuase i would like to be from you guys cuz i have experince with u and know u guys are good.

SDHOTWN i tool a look at some of ur picutres and their kinda hard to tell u think u can post a before and after side views for me please, if not thats fine thank you very much for all the help
Old Apr 30, 2003, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Before Pro- Kit
Attached Thumbnails Eibach pro-kit from RRM-fullside.jpg  
Old Apr 30, 2003, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

After Pro - Kit
Attached Thumbnails Eibach pro-kit from RRM-lowered.jpg  
Old Apr 30, 2003, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, it's quite a nice change.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 05:46 PM

very nice very nice, i am set on em eibach it is. now just gotta find the lowest price on em, 171 is the lowest i got right now