Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Eibach pro-kit from RRM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2003, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach pro-kit from RRM

hey whats up i am lookin for some feedback onthe eibach pro-kit lowering springs, i am affraid its too mcuh ofa drop and that it will kill my stock shocks. anyone here useing them on their OZ rally? please give some feed back on em. how aggresive is teh drop, i have 17s with 205/40/17 will tat scrape because of the drop?
Old Apr 29, 2003, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Quick word of advice, use the search button . There have been MANY threads on this!! Take it easy, your answers are within.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

drop wont kill stock shocks . . and wont rub . . i have the progress springs and and same size rims and tires as you and there is no rubbing at all . . . and the progress springs are lower than the eibach springs . . .
Old Apr 29, 2003, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

the drop for eibach is minimal compared
to the other springs available for the Lancer...
somewhat an inch or so all around...

*i have 18's on my eibach....no rubs..
Old Apr 29, 2003, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Its about 1.25" in the front and 1" in the back. I think that it lowers a bit more once the springs settle in...
Old Apr 29, 2003, 09:18 AM

oh thats wierd cuz the guys over at RRM said it was about 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in the back. and nasdle i am sorry for being lazy and not pressin the search button, it was 3 am when i posted that.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

No problem, RRwildout52, just don't want ya to get jumped on by the many search button patrols on here. I plan on getting the Eibach Pro-kit and going with the same size tires you got. When the $$$$$ are there.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 01:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I was talking to him last night when he posted this, but he didn't post asking what he was asking me. He basically wanted review from people with the pro kit installed and wanted to know if anyone had damaged/blown their shocks too. That's why I told him to post a new thread (I didn't remember having seen any pro kit reviews) instead of just running a search.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 05:17 PM

first of all thank you hobie for holding it donw for me, and sorry if i posted my question a bit wrong. also i am now in ther process of fighting all those search buttons theres many of em but i believe we can win, as long as we stick together we will beat them. woudl anyone have a picture of the eibach springs on a lancer? i am a bit worried the drop wont be enough of a drop. and i know there is another forum with pictures of drops in it but they were really unclear cuz the car was balck and you cant really see too much
Old Apr 29, 2003, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Hey RRwildout52, wasn't trying to bust your *****, I'm was just trying to pass on some advice from experience. (I didn't use the search at first when I joined) I've seen quite a few cars on here with the Pro-kit and I like what I've seen but I can't have it too low, gotta drive on some bad streets to and from work. From what I've come across if you want to lower it as far as you can with the stock shocks the Progress springs are supposed to lower it a little bit more.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

RR check out my profile deal. Every picture there is basically current as far as the Pro-Kit being installed.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

check out my profile as well as my thread entitled "its gonna be a fun weekend for me" as that has my installation and impressions of the Pro-kit in it. I'm very happy with them. Autocrossed this last weekend and got a good feel for them and my other mods then too. You have to fight the noises that the springs will produce here and there unless your install is absolutely perfect (the holes need to be SUPER lined up, and you need to make sure the spring is about 1/4" away from the bump stops when being set in their cups during install). You can see pictures of before and after and the drop and everything on my car. Let me know if you need any more as I have a bunch more available as well.

Post if you have any further questions, or pm me and I'll do what I can to respond. Overall I'm very happy with them, but do find the car is a touch bouncy from being so stiff and light and the roads around here sucking so darn much. But they look damn good, they ride smooth in general (not bouncy on bumps, just on wavey roads.)

Later.

Steve
Old Apr 29, 2003, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

hey sdhotwn, your drop looks really good. are those 17" or 18"? i have the eibachs too but its not installed yet. I'll probably take it into a shop and pay $80 :/ but I kind of dont want to go through that hassle, I was thinking of just selling it and go for the tein s-tech springs?
Old Apr 29, 2003, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

After time the noise becomes bearable (sp?) and you don't really notice it. You can't hear anything when the radio is on or if the windows are down with wind blowing through them. It's not as bad as it may sound. Their very good springs that offer a nice ride.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

The rims are 17's but i specifically chose them because the spokes go all the way to the rim edge which makes them look even bigger. They look much better even than you see in person. VERY happy with them.

I don't know if i'd sell your Eibach's for the S-Tech's I've debated that one in a couple of forums. I think the S-Tech's are actually linear which means you are going to end up with a rather stiff and bouncy (bobble head doll like) ride. Eibach is known for preserving ride quality while achieving the rest of the package. I really recommend the Eibach's but to be completely sure you'd have to find someone with the S-Techs and someone with the Eibachs and the same setup and go out for rides in each. Eibach has a great reputation for quality, Tein moreso for high end kinds of things. So it's a pretty big tossup.

As far as noise. I don't have any noise anymore. I have some weird chirp in the front that appeared after my alignment (which you need to do... so budget another 120 as it'll cost you about 60 for the alignment and then another 60 for 2 cam bolts to align your front suspension... if you don't realign your camber will be wrong and you'll chew your tires up pretty quick)

There is some initial popping and creaking that goes away quite quickly and then the other noises that i had from minor flaws in my install were rattling and such. All of that is gone now. But you get that a bit with all progressive and lower springs. My brother has an MP3 that comes factory with lowering springs and he has crazy rattling in the back springs. I was really surprised... but that's part of small cars and lowering springs really in the long run.

The install isn't bad... takes about 4 or 5 hours and some minor tools like the impact wrench that you'll want to rent. Just get a buddy to help you and it'll go quick.

Later.

Steve

Quick Reply: Eibach pro-kit from RRM