Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

ROAD/RACE-08 Lancer FRONT STRUTBAR READY

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got the bar installed. It really makes a difference while taking turns. I could feel the car wiggle from side to side without the bar. Feels a lot better now.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks great! nice job.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wont buy it untill rock posts those bending pictures on the site, when he stands on the OEM one and make it bent, then stand on the RRM one and shows that it doen't bend. I just love when they do that! it does prove a point that their product is much stronger
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jake26
i wont buy it untill rock posts those bending pictures on the site, when he stands on the OEM one and make it bent, then stand on the RRM one and shows that it doen't bend. I just love when they do that! it does prove a point that their product is much stronger
We definitely need an update on that classic picture, I agree.

Funny thing is that I used that image so many times on RS25.com to show people why not to buy eBay bars, other people started using it without knowing where it came from!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

can RRM please explain why there is only one bolt on each tower and WHY it's bolted to the firewall.

im thinking i know why, but i wanna be sure. Clarification purposes.

im very much interested in purchasing this piece. it seems there are MANY conflicting ideas on the design of THIS particular RRM piece
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

I will post bending picts when I can can actually physically do it. THe bar is designed to spread load around in souch a way as to absorb 2000+ lbs of force. THat is far more than stock tires will be able to put a load on the strut. More bolt down points is is not better, just redundant and adds weight to the part. I can say with certainty. this bar is TWICE as strong as a stock GTS bar, in fact it is prolly many more times as strong but don't have a way to cost effectively prove it so I will stand with x2 as strong as GTS. All of these sorts of parts come from our 20+ years of RALLY RACING experience and when we design a bar, bar is to make is never a criteria!

ROAD/RACE
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Rock, whoever check's your Emails i was the one who just sent you guys an email to clarify some misconceptions of your design in other forums. Thanks.

although at this point i may be considered a 'road-race' fanboi i stand behind the products i've recieved so far.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Looks frickn sweet and a three point mount can only increase rigidity!
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

wow so only one posting-member has the tower-bar? i was hoping for a couple more reviews.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

I have it and it's frickin sweet. I was the first to get it and like RRM always does, they put out a great product. The rigidity and turn are greatly improved. There, now you have two postings
Old Oct 8, 2007, 06:24 PM
Former Sponsor

IF anything we are practical in our design and often people who question it say stuff like ... in my opinion........ But then I have to ask how many race cars have you built? Did you consider desing material, not over engineering, location of components under the hood? Etc.... We did cause we have to!

ROAD/RACE
Old Oct 9, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by polar1120
I have it and it's frickin sweet. I was the first to get it and like RRM always does, they put out a great product. The rigidity and turn are greatly improved. There, now you have two postings
like i said. other people in other forums (but some who still also post here) have serious doubts about the design, practicallity, etc....

i don't doubt RRM one bit. that's why i i thought i'd induce a message from rock 'explaining' the design and obviously backing up the claims with hard evidence or experiences. I still have a feeling we'll have some nay-sayers to the strut tower bar but that's fine by me. i gave it an honest effort to get the design explained.

im buying it anyways. i didnt need posts to tell me to buy it. i needed more posts so we can establish that this part is not a toy.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

lol and by-the-way, was the install a breeze?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
IF anything we are practical in our design and often people who question it say stuff like ... in my opinion........ But then I have to ask how many race cars have you built? Did you consider desing material, not over engineering, location of components under the hood? Etc.... We did cause we have to!

ROAD/RACE
The chrome moly metal they use is the same material that roll cages and drag bikes are made from, so if that doesn't tells you anything about the strength of the material the strongest engineered shape is a triangle hence the three point mounted triangle.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
Former Sponsor

We have plenty of bars in stock now. I was thinking of doing a package deal for all 08 bar together. Anyone interested in that?

ROAD/RADE

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE-08 Lancer FRONT STRUTBAR READY