Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Hub centric rings/Hub diameter

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hub centric rings/Hub diameter

I just thought i would throw this out there since i searched but didnt find any real info on it.

If you find that you need to order hub centric rings for some new wheels.. our hub diameter, or Inner diameter(for the rings), is 56.1 mm on the lancer es. Probably the oz also(can anyone second that?) I needed these in my case because i ordered a set of rotas that had a 67mm hub bore (outter diameter for the rings).

and for those who dont know:
Hub centric rings are manufactured so that when they are installed on a vehicle, the wheels are located directly off of the centre flange of the brake drum or rotor. This is done to insure that the outer beads of the wheel are concentric with the wheel bearings. The result is a much truer, better balanced tire/wheel assembly. This is very important with modern high tech suspension systems.

just fyi!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone know what the wheel bore is for a 2003 Lancer OZ? Hoping someone had the info handy so I don't have to take the wheel off.. Looking to get hub centric rings for my new rims...

So far i found this info online...wanted to confirm if the measurements are correct: Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3
Center Bore: 67.1
Hardware:12x1.50 Lug
Offset: 34-42mm

Last edited by jwick76; Jun 18, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NwO2kMouse
and for those who dont know:
Hub centric rings are manufactured so that when they are installed on a vehicle, the wheels are located directly off of the centre flange of the brake drum or rotor.
Nope. The flange is part of the hub (wheel bearing), not the brake rotor or drum.