Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Eclipse Shocks fit on a lancer???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
You could always try calling/emailing KYB or another shock manufacturer and asking if the specs are different.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to drag up an old topic but has anybody ever come to a conclusion on this topic? I really would like to put adjustable shocks on my car to go with the springs but haven't found any specifically marketed for the lancer other than the EVOs.

Chris
Old Mar 8, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris_03_ES
I hate to drag up an old topic but has anybody ever come to a conclusion on this topic? I really would like to put adjustable shocks on my car to go with the springs but haven't found any specifically marketed for the lancer other than the EVOs.

Chris
There are many brands of coilovers available for the Lancer: Tein, Megan, K-Sport, AMR, JIC.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:36 PM

I bought some coilovers but they are just the spring and perches no shocks so I was looking to put adjustable shocks with them.

Chris
Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris_03_ES
I bought some coilovers but they are just the spring and perches no shocks so I was looking to put adjustable shocks with them.

Chris
What you bought was "coilover sleeves" for like $50.
What senate is talking about is coilover shocks for like $900.

I have Megan racing coilovers.
$860 shipped and they work like a dream.
http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...id=86&catid=31

Or if you have a 07+
http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...id=87&catid=31

Tein also is very good.
But for my money I went with Megan.
You can adjust them anyway you want.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 04:44 PM

Lowering 2002 Lancer es with 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse rear coil sleeves

I did a lot of experimenting on my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer es trying to lower it more then an 1 inch 1/2 .... well I bought some cheap coil overs for a 2003 Lancer Evo... but only the two front coil overs work..... and the rears where to long and it was the wrong mount ..... so like any one else I trying to Change the mount and were still to high didn’t even fit at all.... so I seen that they made cheap coil sleeves for Honda’s and well I looked and found some for a Mitsubishi Eclipse but not for a Lancer..... so I took a risk and spent $60 on all for sleeves for a 00-04 Mitsubishi Eclipse..... welll ... the right Mitsubishi Eclipse rear sleeves worked and my rear tires are tucked ..... I rolling on 17 inch wheels and it looks great ..... and looks great .....
Old May 11, 2018, 05:16 AM

Eclipse front struts will fit o

Originally Posted by ES_02
Ok guys i know we dont have many options if we want to lower our cars... There is springs which arent adjustable and blow youre shocks after some time and the coilvers on the market for us are kind of expensive. (well for me)

Since i was bored and **** and was thinkin how i want to tuck tire in my lancer or just go lower then the tein s-techs drop me i was considering like just switching shocks with another car or customizing something... I mean the evo shocks fit the front of our cars but the back wont cuz the lower mouniting point is different... I googled and ebay some shocks to see which ones look like the lancer ones and the mirage and 3g eclipse ones look identical like they could be interchangeable on the cars... And I searched and found some guy on evom dropped his lancer 1.5inches with stock eclipse springs... but the thread ends there...

Now what i was thinkin is that if someone here has a 3g eclipse they can try to take out the strut shock assambly and compare it and try to match it up to the lancer one and fit it in a lancer... I think if you did straight swap it would drop ur car let alone using springs or adjustable shocks...

You guys may think im just blabbering or that it would be stupid to do this because they are different cars and different springs rates and one is heavier or w/e. I seriously think it wont make much a negative difference and if it can fit you can adjust ur shocks accordingly.. Plus your shocks would prolly last longer since lancer is lighter i think thus less force on the shocks when you hit a bump or something....

Also some of these things i said may not be true and i doubt everyone will read this long ****... but correct me if im wrong on anything and here are the pics of the shocks

Lancer kyb shocks (replacement for stock ones i think)

Here is the eclipse coilovers 3g (00-05)

it was hard to find pics of stock suspension.... but looking at those two pics they look identical...(well not really cuz eclipse ones are full coilovers) you might have to use lancer top mounts and stuff and just the bottom eclipse shocks assembly and stuff but it looks like it could workk.... someone please try this lol.... i dont have money to spend on eclipse struts or the time to take my car apart... and sorry for long postt
Eclipse front struts will fit on lancer .I just did this last night .I haven't yet lowered the car off the jack stands yet but everything matched right up.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 01:37 PM

Question looking for stock complete struts for my 04 lancer ralliart

ive looked everywhere from online to auto stores and no one can find the stock spring set for my 04 lancer ralliart, im willing to do coilovers but the previous owner has lowering springs on the rear and is making the wheels camber to much, both rear ties rub the well and could not get an alignment on rear cause it would be right on my upper wheel well, willing to get lowering springs but really was just looking for stock struts anyone have any suggestions on where I can find them for my 2004 lancer ralliart 2.4 other then the dealer, or if you know cars that have same shock and strut that will fit it will be greatly helpful. need shocks for front and rear, thanks