Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Looking for aftermarket suspension

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for aftermarket suspension

I’m in the market to buy new struts and shocks for my 03 Lancer OZ rally. But I’ve no clue which ones I should buy. I’m looking to get something that offers better performance, and give the car a little bit of a more aggressive stance than factory.

Id like to possibly see if I can maybe do coil overs. But I’d be happy with just struts and springs. The reason I’m looking, is because my car needs front struts(like...bad). And I figure, while I’ve got those out, might as well do the rest ones too.

Im just curious as to what you guys have used in the past/currently use. And I don’t think that money would be an obstacle, job pays me pretty well. I’ll just need to save up a little bit more for those more expensive parts. Any help with making me decide would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 08:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Fortune Auto is what many of us run

Looks like they have Lancer applications. (youll want the 500's)

See here: https://fortune-auto.com/
Old Nov 11, 2018, 09:36 AM

I just took a look at those 500 series struts. They appear to be amazing. But I feel the need to let you know that I’m not looking to go ***** to the wall with mods to my little lancer. Just looking for something that I can go ripping around town with. Would those help me with that? And because I’m not well versed in the mechanical and technical aspects to cars, I’ve no clue what spring rates I should choose for the front or rear. Would the defaul options for both be good for what I’m looking to get out of my OZ? Or should I go with a slightly different spring rate?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 09:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Those 500's are certainly not too extreme but maybe just a good set of springs / struts is best. Most of guys like Swift / GTworx / Eibach springs

Not familiar w/the OZ susp so im sort of guessing at the rates. On our EvOs we run a heavier spring in the rear due to whats called "motion ratio"

Lancer OZ street rates might be something like (7K front 8K rear)

Search the OZ forum to see what most guys run

If you go w/the FA's, I would suggest calling them & they will tell whats best, based on your usage

Hopefully some other gents will chime in.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:17 AM

I do hope others would chime in as well. That way it’ll give me a better understanding as to which one I should go with.

Now, you mentioned that other guys go with different springs. Am I correct in assuming that the FA 500 are completely customizable? I can swap out their springs for someone else’s?

Before I make any purchases that I might regret later, I’m going to try to get as much information as I can. This goes for other mods that I’ll be doing.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 01:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by gothman667
I do hope others would chime in as well. That way it’ll give me a better understanding as to which one I should go with.

Now, you mentioned that other guys go with different springs. Am I correct in assuming that the FA 500 are completely customizable? I can swap out their springs for someone else’s?

Before I make any purchases that I might regret later, I’m going to try to get as much information as I can. This goes for other mods that I’ll be doing.
Yeah, you are doing the right thing. Take your time to investigate. Yes, FA' s are custom build if you choose. Most of us ditch the standard FA springs (which are perfectly OK to run) & upgrade to the lighter & more consistent Swift springs. FA will valve the shock to your preference