Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

What lowering springs to get??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What lowering springs to get??

I have a 05 lancer es with 18 inch rims on it and I wanted to know what lowering springs to get. I have seen 1.2 in the front and .9 in the rear or 2.2 in the front and .9 in the rear or I have seen once that drop the car 1.5 all around. The front is higher than the rear already so would'nt an all around same make it uneven??? Which ones would be best
Old May 24, 2009, 06:23 PM

I drive an 03 OZ Rally and I'm lowered on Tein S-Techs and I think the drop is pretty nice.. I'm not sure about how low it is, but it works for me... Just do your research, ask lots of questions...

Best of luck... I have pictures in my profile of my car lowered, so feel free to check that out
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:30 PM

I was looking at the S-techs too. Found a pair for a decent price I may pick them up next check.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

hey icy whats the comfort level on those stechs can they handle a good beating on them or not
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by depsy
hey icy whats the comfort level on those stechs can they handle a good beating on them or not
The roads here in Toronto are pretty crappy, but they've held up well so far. I've had them on the car since October, and the ride through the winter was rough but bearable... Right now, it's definitely a more bumpy ride than stock, but the drop is beautiful... so I'll take a bit of pain for looks...

I don't drive my car crazy and I haven't taken my car on the track yet... I plan to this year so I'll let you know how it handles...
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

anyone went with the RRM spring?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 01:21 PM

i got those cheapo Drop Zone springs and they actually ride pretty nicely. They look and feel like pretty quality springs. my car dropped about 2.2 in the front and 1.9 i the rear. i have 14 inch wheels with barely any gap.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 06:21 PM

For looks, here is what my drop looks like - I'm running 17" wheels...
Front Wheel:

Full view:
Old Jun 6, 2009, 08:40 PM

That is a pretty nice drop.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Raidz
That is a pretty nice drop.
Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

I been riding around for some time now on spring lowering springs. 1.8" drop all around. Ride is not bumpy at all even after 50,000 miles on stock suspension. If you want some pics of my ride height just let me know. I can go snap some then.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Spr...Springs/14011/
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Hello,

Has anyone use the Eibach springs ? If so how where they. Also, Would you guys recommend the Tein S., Eibach or RRM springs?

Also, What is the benifit of springs over coil overs? I ask as dont understand coil overs but seems that the cost isnt that much more than buying springs, struts, shocks etc.

My plan for future is springs, kyb shocks and struts and front and rear bars. Is this good plan or would coil overs or other be better and offer better ride quality?

Justin
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justin.AZ
Hello,

Has anyone use the Eibach springs ? If so how where they. Also, Would you guys recommend the Tein S., Eibach or RRM springs?

Also, What is the benifit of springs over coil overs? I ask as dont understand coil overs but seems that the cost isnt that much more than buying springs, struts, shocks etc.

My plan for future is springs, kyb shocks and struts and front and rear bars. Is this good plan or would coil overs or other be better and offer better ride quality?

Justin
I had Eibachs on my 2002 Lancer when I had it. I drove that car a lot, and when I took the springs off before I traded it in for the Evo, the struts/shocks looked fine. The car is going to be a bit more bouncy than stock when traveling over poor pavement, but thats the issue you create from mismatched spring rates and damping.

I liked them, if you want a quick and in expensive drop you cant go wrong.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

Hi Tristar,

Thanks for that. I was thinking about the Eibach springs as know they have been around a while and are known for quality. I was wondering though as keep reading about the Tein S on this forum.

I know nothing about lancers at all but am learning by reading these forums. One thing I do know though is its not good to scrimp or make due when it comes to suspension as a improperly done suspension can cause havok, learned that when I was into lowriders in the 90's.

BTW, Im glad am not reading about anyone heating springs , cutting springs or etc as that while providing a dirt cheap drop will also really damge your car. I do wonder though why theres so much posts regarding springs but giving no mention of upgrading the stock shocks and struts as that at least in lowriders made a big diffrence in drop ride quality as well.

Justin
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justin.AZ
Hi Tristar,

Thanks for that. I was thinking about the Eibach springs as know they have been around a while and are known for quality. I was wondering though as keep reading about the Tein S on this forum.

I know nothing about lancers at all but am learning by reading these forums. One thing I do know though is its not good to scrimp or make due when it comes to suspension as a improperly done suspension can cause havok, learned that when I was into lowriders in the 90's.

BTW, Im glad am not reading about anyone heating springs , cutting springs or etc as that while providing a dirt cheap drop will also really damge your car. I do wonder though why theres so much posts regarding springs but giving no mention of upgrading the stock shocks and struts as that at least in lowriders made a big diffrence in drop ride quality as well.

Justin
If you were curious what the Eibachs looked like with 17" rims, follow this link:

https://www.evolutionm.net/registry/...de.php?vid=272

I am not sure why you can no longer get there from my profile. Sometimes I miss that car...

Quick Reply: What lowering springs to get??