Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie05
senate6268 I started the hunt for all my parts i have a couple questions, when you go into rock auto and search the parts you listed it gives you the options to choose for example parking brake hardware kit... you gota get it for a ralliart right ? same for the 5 lug hub assembly I imagine...
This is correct. Every part acquired is coming from an 04-06 Ralliart. This is why the conversion is not only a rear disc conversion, but a 5-lug conversion also. All the parts I got from RockAuto were for a 2005 Ralliart.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 02:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how abt using the evos rotors and calipers instead of ralliarts' will they mount..?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer1.6
how abt using the evos rotors and calipers instead of ralliarts' will they mount..?
You would have to fabricate a custom bracket to relocate the caliper to get them to fit. Same goes for the front. If you're gonna go that route just get the Wilwood BBK with the right rotor hats.
The following users liked this post:
Angelpito1 (Sep 5, 2018)
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey senate my 06 oz has abs , do you think that its the same as the 06 ralliart? I am not sure if its 1" or not
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you just get the backing plate for the rear, it would work. If you want to use evo calipers on the front, I found 4 options

1. Fit on evo knuckles, needs lots of parts
2. Make bracket, need some skill, but doable
3. Buy the brembo calipers for the 95-99 eclipse, very expensive, but they fit right on.
4. Find a way to get those brackets from brembo to use those calipers. They have them to mate the brembo (possibly same as evo one) to the 95-99 eclipse/our knuckles. I called them, they wanted to know my serial number for the kit I ordered. I lied and said I bought a kit and it didn't come with the brackets. If someone can find a way around this, we'd be set.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
If you just get the backing plate for the rear, it would work. If you want to use evo calipers on the front, I found 4 options

1. Fit on evo knuckles, needs lots of parts
2. Make bracket, need some skill, but doable
3. Buy the brembo calipers for the 95-99 eclipse, very expensive, but they fit right on.
4. Find a way to get those brackets from brembo to use those calipers. They have them to mate the brembo (possibly same as evo one) to the 95-99 eclipse/our knuckles. I called them, they wanted to know my serial number for the kit I ordered. I lied and said I bought a kit and it didn't come with the brackets. If someone can find a way around this, we'd be set.
It does appear that the rear calipers will work according to the information here:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/arti...brembo-g2.html

The Ralliarts also use the same rotor in the rear as the 2G Eclipse does. However, the Ralliart and Eclipse use a different rear caliper. This might mean that the bolt circle radius or bolt mount center-to-center is different. I'm not sure if anyone with a Ralliart has bolted on an Evo rear caliper with rotor to check clearances and rotor/caliper alignment to know if it works.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by senate6268
It does appear that the rear calipers will work according to the information here:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/arti...brembo-g2.html

The Ralliarts also use the same rotor in the rear as the 2G Eclipse does. However, the Ralliart and Eclipse use a different rear caliper. This might mean that the bolt circle radius or bolt mount center-to-center is different. I'm not sure if anyone with a Ralliart has bolted on an Evo rear caliper with rotor to check clearances and rotor/caliper alignment to know if it works.
This information is 100% correct. I had all the parts ready to go for my 98 Eclipse 2 years ago and I didn't finish it. From the info I gathered from this and from what understand from the ralliart, i think they use the same rotor on the rear. You can also upgrade the rear brakes to GSX rear calipers which should be dual piston, if I remember correctly. Otherwise, you can use the evo rear calipers.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
This information is 100% correct. I had all the parts ready to go for my 98 Eclipse 2 years ago and I didn't finish it. From the info I gathered from this and from what understand from the ralliart, i think they use the same rotor on the rear. You can also upgrade the rear brakes to GSX rear calipers which should be dual piston, if I remember correctly. Otherwise, you can use the evo rear calipers.
The Ralliarts do use the same rotor as the 2G Eclipse, but not the some caliper. The mounting bolt distance might be different between the two cars and the positioning might be different. This would mean that the caliper would need to be used with the backing plate of the vehicle it came from. If this is the case then the calipers wouldn't work.

If someone has a single Evo rear caliper and Evo rear rotor laying around they can send me I'll check fitment.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Great parts list, but I have a few questions to ask about this conversion.

1. Are the backing plates what the rear calipers mount to? If not, what part do they mount to?

2. If I wanted to use Evo knuckles in the front (to use Brembos) what parts would I need to mount them, if they are not strictly bolt-on?

3. Are the Evo wheel bearings different than the Lancer? Would using Evo knuckles require bearings and hubs from the Ralliart?

Great thread with tons of info, I just need this stuff clarified before I move any further with the swap.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BCspeed34
Great parts list, but I have a few questions to ask about this conversion.

1. Are the backing plates what the rear calipers mount to? If not, what part do they mount to?

YES.

2. If I wanted to use Evo knuckles in the front (to use Brembos) what parts would I need to mount them, if they are not strictly bolt-on?

I don't know. Theoretically the Evo spindle should bolt on. However, the Evo has a completely different bearing assembly from the Lancer/Ralliart. So if the spline count/size on the Evo's outer CV is different from the Lancer/Ralliart you won't be able to use it.

3. Are the Evo wheel bearings different than the Lancer? Would using Evo knuckles require bearings and hubs from the Ralliart?

Evo bearings are completely different from the Lancer/Ralliart bearings.

Great thread with tons of info, I just need this stuff clarified before I move any further with the swap.
It's not really possible to use the Evo front knuckles as bolt-on without modification.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:01 PM

i will just go for 4 to 5 lug conversion for now..
i just need a little help..
i was trying to find the outlander rear hub and drum cover..

MR307746 drum cover 9"
MR527453 hub

i ended up with those part numbers..but i need to make sure they are the right ones..?

thanks
Angelpito1 (Sep 5, 2018)
Old Aug 22, 2009, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer1.6
i will just go for 4 to 5 lug conversion for now..
i just need a little help..
i was trying to find the outlander rear hub and drum cover..

MR307746 drum cover 9"
MR527453 hub

i ended up with those part numbers..but i need to make sure they are the right ones..?

thanks
Hub assembly is correct. That is the same hub assembly that the Ralliart comes with. As for the drum cover, that IS the drum cover for the Outlander that matches the hub. I don't know how the brake shoes and hardware will match up to the drum since the Outlander and Ralliart have different backing plates.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by senate6268
Hub assembly is correct. That is the same hub assembly that the Ralliart comes with. As for the drum cover, that IS the drum cover for the Outlander that matches the hub. I don't know how the brake shoes and hardware will match up to the drum since the Outlander and Ralliart have different backing plates.
i'll get the hub..

cover is the easy part..

thanks man..
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a quick question but since this will convert the car to a 5 lug bolt pattern what is the actual bolt pattern?

also did any US lancers for 02 or 03 come with ABS?

BTW....very nice thread...should make the conversion far easier now, i guess now we wait for pics :-)
Old Sep 8, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sadude
just a quick question but since this will convert the car to a 5 lug bolt pattern what is the actual bolt pattern?

also did any US lancers for 02 or 03 come with ABS?

BTW....very nice thread...should make the conversion far easier now, i guess now we wait for pics :-)
I believe it was the Lancer LS that came with ABS in 02-03, but I'm not 100% sure. Can someone verify this? The Ralliarts came with ABS, so if you have an LS you can still retain your factory ABS after the swap.

The bolt pattern of the Ralliart is 5 x 114.3.
Angelpito1 (Sep 5, 2018)

Quick Reply: Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List