Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

allow your es/de go into sport mode (same as GTS)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerde:(
All this info is amazing wat do u guys know about the paddle shifters? Can they b swapped in too? Also my de doesn't hav cruise control any chance of getting tht put in?
Not sure about cruise control but yes someone on here had put the paddle shifters in their ES which I assume is also able to be done to the DE
Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@Medic-Performance would probably be the same if not a tad bit better. By having the shifter you can just go to manual mode as opposed to putting your foot down and waiting for it to shift down which to me is the most aggrivating thing in the world. At least with conventional transmissions you have the ability on most to change down to a different gear, granted doing that would tear the tranny apart eventually, but it is more convenient.

@lancerde- You can attach the paddle shifters but it requires a bit more work because if you buy JUST the paddles you can install them but everytime you come to a stop it will kick you back into drive but if you get the shifter assembly and just do the full swap it would stay in manual mode. Plus you have to take off the steering wheel from what I understand and if your not carefull you could cause an airbag code to be thrown to your computer just fyi. I have talked to guys who have done just the paddle shifters but say it can be just as aggrivating as the stock tranny. As far as the cruise control that would be a bit more difficult, I sure it could be done though. You could probably just swap the steering wheel out, but then, you have to FIND a steering wheel that hasn't had the airbag slpoded or buy a new/ refurb steering wheel and you would probably have to sell a kidney for that. I hear they go for about $50k+ in Indonesia right now LOL.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Also some more fyi, I don't think ES and the DE have tranny coolers (could be wrong). So if you decide to drive the tranny hard like I have seen so many a**clowns do, that may be something you might want to invest in.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

^^^^
most of the 08 de/es's don't have cooler and some 09's don't either. by 2010 every cvt had a tranny cooler, except for a few random instances. If you don't have a tranny cooler you can add one from a gts or from es/de that had one standard. but you'll need more than just the cooler and the lines. you also need to install the inner tranny cooler that has the extra inlet and outlet lines to accommodate the external cooler.

Last edited by SYSTEMA; Sep 3, 2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: answered a question that was already answered.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:54 AM

can i get some before during and after pictures please.. im completely lost but this sounds amazing if its what i think it is..
Old Sep 7, 2011, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

It may take me a couple weeks to get the parts because unless I can find a used one for cheap I am gonna have to buy straight from mitsu. Just started new job and having to catch up on bills. But once I get it and do the install I will post up pictures for everyone.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

just got mine and installed it. got it from some one who got it for their 2011 es but it didn't work.
so the mod my not work for 2011 de's and es's.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:58 AM

am one of then LOL, sucess n fully mod shifter n floor n steering wheel
Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:14 PM

Damn if it doesnt work for 2011 im *****. but im wondering how resonsive is it. same as any other tiptronic car

Last edited by ninjacoco; Jan 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:03 PM

found the list of parts i dont know which one is the right one though...help pleassee
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:27 PM

nice find. nice knob too.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

How-to-please

bump.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 05:49 PM

hi i am new on here but i have a 2010 lancer de and i want to get sport mode. does my car have it hidden? what can i do to get it into Manuel mode?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by mky_og
it works. i have done it. simple swap, plug and play.

paddle shifters are plug and play too if you ever wanna look into those. i think i might eventually too.

hey what year is your car, and is it the lancer de?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by gusman821
over on 9g they have successfully placed the GTS floor shifter assembly into there es/de model lancers and are currently using sport mode with no problems thus far i just wanted to know if anyone on this website has heard of or tried this before..im going to pick on up tomorrow based off what i read over on the other site but extra input never hurt ya know?
So would this work with a 2015 lancer se?

Quick Reply: allow your es/de go into sport mode (same as GTS)