Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

transmission fluid

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transmission fluid

what kind of transmission fluid can i use i got an auto transmission the owner's manual spec. says DIAMOND ATF SP III but autozone sells mobile 1 ATF + 3 what can i use i got no clue about this ****
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:46 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please keep in mind that responses on this forum don't always come in 8 minutes or less, and I doubt any thread needs a bump in the short of time.

I think the 2 oils you mentioned above are the same. Daimond is the Mitsu brand, so you won't find it anywhere but at a dealer. Just to be sure, ask the reps at autozone what kind of trans fluid they recommend (which would most likely be the Mobil stuff you mentioned). I drive a manual, so hopefully some auto guys will post here soon.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks i asked a dude at autozone he recommened some chep stuff that said on the back on the bottle approved by mitsubishi and hundiy
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:58 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
also, be sure to check the trans oil thread somewhere around here, it was about manuals, but someone did quote the service manual on changing auto trans fluid, and also a small discussion on the easy way which only changes some of it, and the hard way which flushes it all.