Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

03 Lancer ES sensor/fluid problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Lancer ES sensor/fluid problem

Hey guys, looking for advice on what to do with my car.
I bought it used with 110,00 miles from a local dealership 4 years ago and use it to commute to class each day, so far it has 130,000 miles.

This started about a month ago, while driving I felt a jerk in the car especially noticeable underneath the driver seat, suddenly the rpm got really high(around 3000) even though I was barely accelerating. I came to a red light and after it turned green my car was really really slow to accelerate despite my foot being deep on the gas pedal. After I got to my campus I let the car idle for a minute or two and the rpm was still high, then I changed from Drive into Park and from park to reverse and drive again, each time I changed the gear the car jerked.

Not sure what to do with it, the check engine light came on numerous times, oxygen sensor, turbine/input shaft speed sensor A circuit.

It seems to only happen while im accelerating, If i turn the car off and turn it back on it's usually gone but it's been happening more frequently.

I took it to a transmission shop and they said that the fluid needs to be flushed along with the filters being replaced, and it needs an input/output speed sensor. They said with labor it will be $600 which I feel like is too much.

Looking for advice on what to do, currently a college student full time so shelling out $600 to fix my car is a huge impact on my wallet.

Should I just change the transmission fluid and filters? The transmission shop said it could be either one or both thats causing the problem. I'm not that experienced with cars but if it's fairly simple to change the sensors and I don't have to open anything big up I was thinking about ordering them and doing it myself and just having then change the fluid.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
did they check the fluid level?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
did they check the fluid level?
Yeah and they said it needed to be flushed.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
well, that's nice...did they say why? was the fluid burnt or foamy? did they check it warm and in neutral, after shifting through all the gears?