Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

2010 Lancer GTS Shifter Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Lancer GTS Shifter Bushings?

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased and installed a Torque Solutions short shifter along with the WORKS console bushings in my 2010 Lancer GTS. Everything turned out well and I really like the shifter thus far (compared to the sloppy stock shifter), but I think I'd like to reduce some of the play that still remains within the gates... I know the Evo X has the option for "under the hood" bushings, but I don't really see anyone carrying the same option for lancers; is this due to a difference in cable linkage design or am I simply blind?

Any information/wisdom would be great!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:47 AM

I need the exact same thing

Anyone's help on this would be greatly appreciated, I need the exact same bushings replaced and don't want to buy a new $180 shifter cable set.

Right now, I am using a makeshift clip to hold the shifter cable on as one of my bushings broke, but I'm in need of a more permanent solution.

I've heard I can use a rubber wiper washer and cut it to size and use it with a couple metal washers and a clip instead of the factory bushings but I was hoping someone had information in regard to the original post here on some aftermarket solutions.

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:39 AM

Those under the hood bushing are very negligible on the lancer. I forgot where but somewhere on this forum, somebody with a lancer bought them and he said it was pretty much useless. But its up to you