Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)

Hi guys, well i got my new mounts in and they look so cool! These things are hardcore. The filling is very solid and not squishy at all, I can already tell that these are going to make a big difference. I'm going to go install the radiator brackets right now and the mounts over the weekend. So I'll post pix of the mounts on monday. Here is a pic so enjoy. I gota say thanks Travis over at Deyeme, his emails were always quick and informative. They are an A+ business to deal with in my book. I hope to maybe buy a few more things from you guys in the future, but for now these things are awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)-newmounts.jpg  
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:25 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice!

Now write up a how-to on the engine mounts (with lots of pictures!) so I can know how to do mine!
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

and....

Here are the radiator mounts installed. They are different from the stock ones and don't use the two extra holes, but the filler is a whole lot firmer. Not sure if that really makes a difference though. But it looks better.
Attached Thumbnails Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)-justthemount.jpg   Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)-wholebay.jpg  
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Very nice!

Now write up a how-to on the engine mounts (with lots of pictures!) so I can know how to do mine!
There is already a write up here in the how to section, but i still plan on doing my own with pix.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Looks great, a write up would be nice like Blacksheep said.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

why did you get these? you planning on goign turbo or waht?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pgmike
why did you get these? you planning on goign turbo or waht?
Mostly for the wheel hop issue. I've had the car for almost 3 years now and it has always bugged me but I think it's getting worse. Either that or I'm just noticing it more. Turbo, hahaha. Maybe when I graduate college and get a job. I can only wish. I would love to have a turbo but can't afford it, maybe in the future but not anytime soon.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 08:43 PM

please let us know if they stop that horrible wheel hop
Old Sep 2, 2004, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Juiced02 Lancer
please let us know if they stop that horrible wheel hop
Will do definitly. I'm sure it will. I reached down to feel the rubber in the stock mounts and they are all squishy. Nothing like the mounts I got in today. If you feel the rubber in the radiator mounts the rubber in motor mounts feel just like that. Bad Mitsu, Bad.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

What's the benefit of replacing the radiator mounts? Are those just to match/look good? Or do they also help prevent wheel-hop? Does the radiator move around with the stock brackets or something?

- Jason
Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

id love to hear the outcomes of these!
Old Sep 7, 2004, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, well.... I got the front mount in but yesterday it started raining so I didn't have time to do the rear. I'm going to try to do it on thursday but already the car feels a whole lot better. More solid and responsive. I took lots of pics and will post a how to later when I get both finished. Also when I got the front mount out there are holes in it!!!!! And the holes are intentional. Crazy. I took it and could shift the center to one side or the other with one hand. Now think of what the engine is doing in there when it is moving.

As far as the radiator mounts go I know they are stiffer than the stock ones but it was more of a dress up thing for me. I'm really not sure if they make a performance difference anywhere.

here are a few pix....
Attached Thumbnails Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)-newmountdriver.jpg   Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)-oldandnewmounts.jpg   Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)-oldsquish.jpg  
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RyanShanley
As far as the radiator mounts go I know they are stiffer than the stock ones but it was more of a dress up thing for me. I'm really not sure if they make a performance difference anywhere.
I'm probably going to get the radiator mounts because my stockers are getting corroded already. As for the mounts, I think I'll fill them myself, just because I have the time to let the poly dry since I don't need the car every day. Let us know how the rear one feels when you get it in
Old Sep 7, 2004, 02:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yes, they GREATLY reduce wheel hop. Try searching for reviews if you want a more rounded idea of the mounts, but I love mine to death. I never had any need for a LSD because the DMR motor mounts made it unecessary. No large weight transfer, nowheel hop, no loss of grip on launch, no need for an LSD as of yet. ...Then again, stationary cars don't have much wheel hop either. (Of course I ran my car for several months before I blew the motor, so I had plenty of time to experiment.)
Old Sep 8, 2004, 02:47 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The radiator mounts move the radiator closer to the front, so they theoretically stop air from blowing past the radiator. But you'll see that it's pretty good with the stock mounts. Mostly just a dress-up mod.

Can't wait to install my motor mounts!

Quick Reply: Got My New Mounts In!!!! (In RED)