Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Front License Plate removal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2005, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front License Plate removal

I searched for this problem but can't find any relevant previous posts.

I had a license plate frame and cover on my front plates. The other day after work, I get to my car and notice that someone backed up into, and smashed up the cover. This sucks in and of itself, but now I can't remove the license plate to put on a new cover.

The rubber piece that the two screws are supposed to screw into are loose, so when I try to unscrew it, the rubber part rotates along withthe screw. I'm considering just pulling the rubber part out of the holes in the bumper, but I'm not sure if this will cause any permanant damage (can the rubber part be put back in?)

If anyone has had this problem, or knows how to resolve it, please let me know. Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

I dont use a front plate so the little rubber things like to wiggle themselves out sometimes--I just shove them back in. I dont think there's anything actually holding them in there, which is why they're trying to set themselves free. I could probably just put some sort of adhesive in there and they'd stay put.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I ended up pulling the rubber part out completely with pliers. I then wrapped the outside in double-sided tape, pushed it back in, and it seems to be holding just fine now.

I had to get new screws though, so in total, I spend like two hours going to the hardware store, buying a new cover, and putting everything back together...all thanks to some careless driver.