Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

READ THIS - water leaking, HVAC, blower motor

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car has the same problem, dealership tells my the blower motor is clogged because of debris that fell into it.
Now, does anyone know how to get to the blower motor completely so I can unclog it??

Pictures would be extremely helpful!
I know it's behind the glovebox (duh) but how do you actually get to it to unclog it (or remove and replace it, dunno if I have to yet, but may).. Help??

Last edited by misslynn08; Sep 16, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have an 02-06?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:14 PM

No, it's an 08, however I was told that the systems and access to the blower motors are extremely similar (if this isn't true, I need to know too..) to older models.... I just can't seem to get the casing off, I've released all the clips, but wonder if I'm overlooking something else. Any advice is helpful.
Old May 25, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

This is honestly the worst sticky I've ever seen. I've read through this thread multiple times to conclude nothing.

Let me ask one more time for everybody. Who has had this problem and what steps did you take to fixing it?

Do we just need to vacuum out the drain and hope the crap gets unclogged? Do we need to take off the blower? Someone please specify, it'll help A LOT of owners, I'm sure.
Old May 25, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't vacuum mine, I just took a piece of pipe cleaner from my wifes scrapbook stuff and jammed it in there as far as i could without loosing it. When I pulled out, the leaves and other stuff poured out with the water draining. I actually haven't had the problem since 3 or 4 years ago, which is awesome. It happened a bunch at first, and then just sort of stopped.

That pic on the first post is where I run my pipe cleaner in and out of. It's in the engine compartment, on the passengers side on the firewall. Just run it (pipe cleaner, the kind that's a wire with fuzzy colored stuff surrounding it) in and out a few times and the water will hopefully start trickling out.

Didn't have to remove anything, just reached in the engine compartment from the drivers side. This is for the clogged drain when you hear sloshing as you turn, and it leaks on your passengers feet.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:26 PM

I think we are hearing different sounds. My blower motor vibrates and makes a ticking noise. I took off the blower motor and cleaned tape and sandpaper out from the last owner. The ticking stopped, but not the loud vibration, which I think comes from my blower motor fan being slightly wobbly and off balance. I also put an air filter in the blower compartment to keep more crap from getting in. I'm going to clean the tube shown in the first page just for the heck of it tomorrow.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:01 AM

My Wife's 02' Lancer Just did this, AC is ice cold, but does not work on 4, nor does the resistor chip work either. So to help this Thread Out, i will be making a YouTube Video, and lots of Pictures.

Hope This will solve some problems.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:03 AM

I will post a write up here tonight with a picture or two, one the first page there is a picture and that helped but I will do this as to make it as easy as possible.

It really is not hard I used a piece of used 12 gauge home electrical wiring (I had to wire the garage and laundry rooms on separate circuits since they shared the living room circuit so I had some left over) I shoved it in and it seemed to clean it out, tonight when I do the write up I will probably use something stronger like a coat hanger.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 06:21 PM

Same issue here

I had the same issue last year which caused my AC to die. Had it all replaced and now the leaking started again. I saw the first photo, but the poster said the arrow is not pointing to the correct location. Also is this pic take from top of the engine by passenger side or from under the car? I really do not want to spend the money replacing the ac again if I can clean this thing out myself.

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 07:44 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have no idea where the drain line is and the pics aren't working. Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 08:59 AM

None of the pics are working and now im having the same issue. Where exactly is this drain plug because I cannt seem to find it.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 07:37 PM

Im assuming this is what's going on with nine. Noticed a few days ago while at starbucks drive thru. I always keep my music loud so there's no telling how long it's been this way. When I make a right turn I get nothing. When I turn left, it makes a sound behind the dash like there is something leaking under pressure or like what water sound like when dropped on a hot pan. Only does this when the AC is on.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:04 AM

At the dealership... yep, hose was clogged and water was going into the blower motor.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 02:26 PM

Pics of this problem please?

Hello everyone,

I know this thread is old but I can't understand why the site deletes pictures that are posted. They may as well delete the entire thread if that is the case because without the pics this is almost useless to many of us.

Can someone please repost pictures of the drain tube and anything else that needs to be messed with to fix this problem.

Thank you everyone! This is such a helpful forum... it is unfortunate that it seems the forum admin deletes pics after a while.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 03:27 PM

I'll post pics tonight.

Quick Reply: READ THIS - water leaking, HVAC, blower motor