Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

READ THIS - water leaking, HVAC, blower motor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This problem stems from where the air is pulled into the blower motor compartment. Mitsubshi did a poor job in filtering/screening this opening and it allows a lot of debris into it (I have to keep cleaning leaves out of mine, they make an annoying sound when I turn the fan on). I haven't come up with a solution yet, but someone might.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 06:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I rigged up a piece of plastic hose to the end of the drain and the other end to a shop vac. I turned the a/c on high and turned the shop vac on. The amount of crap that I saw in the clear plastic line was disgusting, but it did the trick. I did this monthly just to keep the drain clean.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I don't know if mine is making noise due to this, because my A/C works, ut not the best. However, whenever I am driving and I turn my A/C on the car makes a very weird noise. I don't even know what to compare it too, but it sounds like something spinning really fast and hitting something else. I really don't know, sorry guys. Maybe even sounds like a dirty pulley that's spinning, but it's only when the A/C comes on. Oh yeah, plus, whenever my A/C is actually on, when I hit high revs, I can hear what sounds like an exhaust leak, almost turbo sounding. However, it only does that when A/C is on, if I'm driving hard with no A/C I never hear a leak.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 01:30 PM

If it's only when you turn the A/C on that you get the noise, start by checking the compressor clutch assembly and around the compressor shaft to see if there is any debris.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

will do, I bought a new A/C belt, could it be the pulley? Here's a question for ya, is there a pulley for the A/C and if there is, does it ONLY come on when you turn on the A/C? If that's the case, then maybe something is wrong with my pulley
Old Jun 17, 2008, 01:18 PM

Yes there is a pulley for the A/C. It is a clutch based pulley though. It free wheels until the A/C is turned on which engages the clutch causing the compressor shaft to turn. You might also have a bad compressor (I hope not. They are expensive)
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I had all my belts changed, and I can't hear any noise anymore. Although.....my tranny JUST blew out this weekend, so it really sucks.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 01:19 AM

My fan only works on 4, AC only works on 1,2, or 3. I found this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=90378
That explains the problem. But I don't know where the heator resistor is located on an '04 Lancer OZ. Could anyone enlighten me?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a bad problem of vibrations when I turn on the ac coming from under the hood. I can hear it pretty bad going through a drive thru
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:32 AM

pictures are not working.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:36 AM

never mind they are working.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Thundurbyrd
This problem stems from where the air is pulled into the blower motor compartment. Mitsubshi did a poor job in filtering/screening this opening and it allows a lot of debris into it (I have to keep cleaning leaves out of mine, they make an annoying sound when I turn the fan on). I haven't come up with a solution yet, but someone might.
Where is the blower motor compartment and what does it look like?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:42 PM

Bump
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

passenger side under glove compartment.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

I love that i can bump this, but can someone post pictures of the drain, my car started doing this thismorning. I just need to know where to attach the vaccuum.

Quick Reply: READ THIS - water leaking, HVAC, blower motor