Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Please help me with TYC Taillights!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2003, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was concidering ordering them...... but not anymore. Ill wait until things are sorted out..

BUGH
Old Jun 22, 2003, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

No no, I didnt post this to ruin calvin's business!! I am just trying to get some help on putting them in properly. I know quite a few people have them on, but who knows if they are in perfect or not. I dont know if there is a trick, I guess I Will try putting them in from the corner and work the way in?
Old Jun 22, 2003, 04:45 AM

Did you remove the clips off the stock tail light? They go on the little poll lookin things and slide into the yellow rubber things.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

well how i did mine was... i took out those rubber thingys... and put them on the lights first.. afterwards... if you do that.. their are only a little gap... and i was like hmm .. so i got some of that 3m sticky stuff... and put it there... and it held perfect... its like this... nothing fits perfect because every car is off by a little bit ... you just need to be creative and hope for the best... if yall need some pics of mine... just pm me...
Old Jun 22, 2003, 09:51 PM

Thumbs down TYC Tail light problem

Hi everyone:

I know alot of members bought the TYC tail light and most of them have fitment problem. I just want to see how many people have the problem. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE THE FITMENT PROBLEM WITH THE TAIL LIGHT!!! And so maybe we can figure out a way to solve the problem TOGETHER!!!
Old Jun 22, 2003, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

well i had a little fitment problem... but a little 3m **** fixed that...
Old Jun 22, 2003, 10:44 PM

Yeah... mine fit like crap... see the main tyc light thread for pix. Basically the far corner of the lights that is on the side part of the car sticks out a lot.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

grrrr. this sucks. i really really liked those taillights was gonna order them this week now im not so sure. and i dont like those other ones that kontra posted about nearly as much...

yellowlancer post pics of yours installed
Old Jun 24, 2003, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

yellow_lancer sent me some pics of the lights. They look pretty decent, I didn't notice anything wrong with them once you put tape or glue on it I guess...
Old Jun 24, 2003, 09:06 PM

Hey yellow lancer, could you be more specific as to what the 3m sticky stuff is? Like the actual product name? Also is it permanent? I dont want to use epoxy or any of the other permanent crap that people are sugesting. In the event i need to change a bulb, i would be screwed.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:28 PM

How about an update? Did you get them to install correctly?
Old Jun 26, 2003, 05:57 PM

I tried velcro and it did not work that well... calvin said i can send them back, which i will be doing on monday.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

i would like to see these pics of installed lights
Old Jun 29, 2003, 03:06 PM

Mine came out great without any tape or velcro. If you look closely at the tyc light and the stock lights you can see whats wrong. Look at the pole looking things on the stock light and the TYC lights. You see the difference?
Old Aug 12, 2003, 08:55 AM
TYC

Dear customer,

In regards to the 2002-2003 MB Lancer tail lamps we have heard that some user have experienced the edges potentially protruding out due to the factory plastic inserts not being strong enough to hold the lamp. To better assist in this, TYC has opted to provide an enhancement kit at no additional charge that will change out the pins on the TYC lamps into a screw/bolt. The enhancement kit will be available to all existing 02-03 MB Lancer user that have purchased the TYC performance lamps that still have the pin mounting provisions on their TYC lamp. If you have this issue when purchasing the lamp please contact use via e-mail at elegante@genera.com.

When sending an e-mail please state “Enhancement parts for Lancer” as the heading, and fill out the following information for the body of the text for a quicker response.

================================================== ===========
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone#:
Company purchased from:
Variation purchased (black, carbon fiber, chrome):
Purchase price:
Date purchased:
================================================== ===========

The enhancement kit will include hardware and change-out instructions. Please allow between 203 weeks for the shipment of these kit.

All Lancer lamps purchased after 8/10/03 will come with enhanced hardware already installed.

Thank you for your purchase.

Sincerely,
Business Development Department
elegante@genera.com

Quick Reply: Please help me with TYC Taillights!