Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Help Needed Now! Key position locked

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya it is pretty self explanitory just pull the lower dash piece off and there is one big screw toward the back right side on the bottom steering shaft plastic piece you pull that out and the upper and lower plastic pieces surrounding the steering shaft will come off they will snap off then should be fairly easy to get to the wire connector and the two headless bolts on it, and as far as the extra key from dealer ya Im sure you could take the spare and get an original cut my paypal is maybayus123@yahoo.com I hope it works for ya and I am pretty confident it will.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a problem with mine last week. I couldn't get my key out after I turned it off. I had to bleed my clutch line. I think its something to do with that.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

These are the 2 headless bolts I had to use a punch or screwdriver cant remember and slowly screw it out but there not really tight just screwed in

These are the 2 wire connection in back that need unhooked

and this is just what actually locks your steering wheel in place
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any update on this? Have you been able to figure it out and start your car?
I'm sorry that I can't offer any help on this topic - the first thing that came to mind was the steering wheel lock, but since that's not it, I have no clue...

Good luck and keep us posted...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
I had a problem with mine last week. I couldn't get my key out after I turned it off. I had to bleed my clutch line. I think its something to do with that.

w t f?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blaze_125

w t f?
Ya... me too...

I was going to buy 03lances' old cylinder, but i just ordered one new from the dealership cuz it was around the same price, and it came with a new key. ill have it in on wednesday, and ill update and let you guys know then. Ya not being able to drive your car sucks! esp when it looks so good sitting out in the driveway! Haha.

He wasn't kidding BTW when he said it was easy to do, i took my old one off my car yesterday in a matter of about 15 minutes! the hardest part was getting those damn bolts off that have no heads, but luckily for me i have a reverse drill set just for those type of things
Old Jun 9, 2009, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

Curios question, If you need to change the parts anyway could you just put a push button start in the car and a hidden switch someplace to assure noone else could uninvitedly just push the button.

Only problem weve had in our car regarding starting it was one day wouldnt turn key but it easily turn after I pulled steering whhel to one side.

I hope you get car fixed as must be hard just letting it sit in driveway as it looks good in the avatar picture.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justin.AZ
I hope you get car fixed as must be hard just letting it sit in driveway as it looks good in the avatar picture.
Even if you have a push start button you still need the cylinder to work so you can lock/unlock the steering wheel. Don't just make it that much easier for a punk to steal your ride
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Ya its not fun not being able to drive it. She looks so lonely sitting there by herself all day

Name:  Car-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  67.2 KB

Hopefully tomorrow i will have it up and running again!

Trust me i have tried pulling the wheel to one side, if it was that easy i would never have posted this help forum up. And +1 to what blaze said, you would still have to have the key turned in the cylinder to be able to unlock the wheel, plus i like the old fashion way of working hard to start my car, gotta put that wrist into it!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Did you make your headlights? if not where did you get them those are SICK!!! I want some!!!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Man! They are the black depo projectors, i was checking around on eBay a few months ago and found a seller that was located in my town, they turned out to only be a few blocks away, and i went and picked them up straight from them for 180. No shipping, No Tax. Thats the best way!

The seller use to have a picture of my car listed for the main picture of the lights. I love them, they are perfect. Completely plug and play, no nonsense .
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Do they have HID in them? Man when I first got my car I looked EVERYWHERE for Projectors with no luck and ended up just painting the inside housing of mine and putting HID in them

Last edited by 03lances; Jun 10, 2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

You can get HIDs either put in them, or for 100 bucks more buy the ones on eBay already fitted with HID projectors
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm If the lights that come with those are the same as the stocks then I should be able to pull my HID's out and wire them into those I imagine damn dude seriously I love those headlight lol. I want an all black car and My headlight look ok right now but those are it man hehe. I have the thunder grey metallic paint, with matched wheels, blacked out tailight, blacked out grill, badges shaved, those headlight I think would be my missing link for my exterior. I like your kit too its not over the top like some morons like to do, if I ever decide to get one it probably would be something like that.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

where in LA are you at?

Quick Reply: Help Needed Now! Key position locked