Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Car overheating

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car overheating

So I was driving to my girlfriends house, and just before pulling up to her house, I notice my temp gauge was way higher than normal (about 3/4 the way to hot), and I parked the car, and it wouldn't go down, so I turned on the ac fan and cranked it, and I got it to cool down. I popped the hood, and there is coolant that looks like it was sprayed from the top of the radiator area. The power steering and ac lines tell me that the coolant was sprayed from that area, because the other side i still dry. The coolant is on everything like the power steering pump and under the motor, where it is now burning the coolant. Both radiator hoses are good, idk about the cap (the sticker on top wasn't pushed up though, like usual), and the radiator fins all look straight.

I had changed the thermostat recently and the coolant, because the needle sometimes slowly rose at idle. Changing those didn't help that. I also added coolant just last night because I thought it would help work out any air pockets if there were any. And now this, anybody have ideas?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a picture of where I think it is leaking from, what could it be? I started adding coolant and it just kinda started flowing there, like its not leaking from the fill neck or anything. Think it is the radiator?

Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks like you might have cracked it? did you have the system flushed with a chemical flush recently (sometimes this can erode areas that are weak on older radiators, and cause more issues than it helps...)? otherwise, maybe your radiator mounts are shot and excessive vibration led to a failure in a seam/weld. I'd look into getting a new radiator:-(

oh, just saw this is 6 months old. sorry! haha. hopefully you figured it out