Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

02 lancer oz brake issues

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 lancer oz brake issues

So the brakes on my car were effing up so I changed the pads. I noticed the driver side caliper didn't compress as easily as the passenger side but didn't think much of it. Then driving the brakes were too stiff and over heating. Tool it home bleed the brakes. Still seems to be an issue. Don't wanna get new calipers unless I have too. Any advice? Thx.
Old May 29, 2013, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robert_dshiznit
So the brakes on my car were effing up so I changed the pads. I noticed the driver side caliper didn't compress as easily as the passenger side but didn't think much of it. Then driving the brakes were too stiff and over heating. Tool it home bleed the brakes. Still seems to be an issue. Don't wanna get new calipers unless I have too. Any advice? Thx.
Try changing the brake hose. I have the same problem like yours last summer. I forgot to notice that one of my brake pad was worn out, the rotor and the rim became hot. So I replaced the rotor and pads. Bleed the brakes. After driving for about 60 miles, the passenger side wheel became hot and smoke was coming from the pads. So I replaced the calipers as well as pads. Bleed the brakes and again, after driving for about 60 miles, the same wheel became hot again. A friend advise me to replace the brake hoses, so I did and the problem was solved. I used this hose from advanceautoparts.