Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Will not rev when in gear

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will not rev when in gear

My wife and I bought a 2008 GTS with the CVT, about 5 months ago. In that time, we have put around 8K miles on it, now having 132K. Until this week it has been running and driving great. A few days ago my wife was in a fender bender, damaging the hood, front bumper, and driver side headlight. The radiator and condenser seem to be unharmed. I have some work ahead of me to make the Lancer look good again, but more importantly I need to get this thing to drive! In park or neutral it starts and runs beautifully. When I put it into drive or reverse, it still idles nice, but I'm limited to approx. 2200RPM. I have no CEL, I plugged into it with my scanner anyway just in hopes of some sort of clue, but got nothing. I don't see any signs of physical damage to the body of the trans or any wires, pigtails, sensors, ect. No fluid leaks. have spent most of my free time over the last few days searching, but haven't found anything quite like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I have overlooked any details please feel free to ask.