Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Coolant color

Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coolant color

Hello,

I just bought my 2002 Lancer OZ rally from my brother in law and wanting to do some work. I'm pretty sure it hasn't had much work done.

I've found lots of people say to use the green coolant but i heard orange from another source and blue from one.

What color is OEM coolant?

(I know it's not red as my 89 toyota pickup uses that)

Also does anyone know of a good OEM dealership site to purchase parts?

Thank you!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I asked the same question when I bought coolant at the dealer. The service managers responce was-
If its green keep using green.
If itís blue keep using blue.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It left the factory with green coolant.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You dont want to mix coolants, but if you do a flush then you can put whatever color you want as long as its rated for your car. I switched from green to a higher quality blue last time I changed my coolant, I did a flush tho to make sure all old coolant was out. I used the Zerex Asian Mix coolant, its blue. 5 year/150,000mile rating and lists Mitsubishi on the label. here is a picture - https://imgur.com/a/rVCgH

As far as OEM coolant, I have a 2003 Lancer (just recently hit 100k miles after 16 years) back in 2003 I believe it was green. But things change, what they used back then may not be what they would use today. My Lancer came with an amazing magic battery that lasted over 10 years, ive never seen that on any other car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.