Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

EVAP Monitor and Fuel Level

Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVAP Monitor and Fuel Level

So I have a 2002 ES. The car is throwing the P0456 code. I understand the EVAP monitor runs the test only when the fuel level is between certain limits. Another problem I have is the fuel guage is erratic which is a problem with the sending unit. For example, the guage will read 3/4 full when it is actually almost empty. So if the EVAP monitor runs the test during this condition I understand the results may be inaccurate and could this be the cause of the P0456 code? So, to test the system I am going to attempt to keep the fuel in the tank at the levels required when the test is performed. I can monitor the fuel tank level by the odometer. So if all this seems like a reasonable test to you guys, my question is between what tank level percentages does the EVAP monitor perform the test.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.