Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

EVAP Monitor and Fuel Level

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVAP Monitor and Fuel Level

So I have a 2002 ES. The car is throwing the P0456 code. I understand the EVAP monitor runs the test only when the fuel level is between certain limits. Another problem I have is the fuel guage is erratic which is a problem with the sending unit. For example, the guage will read 3/4 full when it is actually almost empty. So if the EVAP monitor runs the test during this condition I understand the results may be inaccurate and could this be the cause of the P0456 code? So, to test the system I am going to attempt to keep the fuel in the tank at the levels required when the test is performed. I can monitor the fuel tank level by the odometer. So if all this seems like a reasonable test to you guys, my question is between what tank level percentages does the EVAP monitor perform the test.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 05:41 AM

I'm driving around right now to get my monitors to fin the drive cycle so ill let you know how much gas I got when it gets to finishing that test.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 07:03 AM

Ok thank you. By the way I did keep the tank somewhere around 1/2 full and it still threw the code. I'm still running with that code. I was able to clear the code before going to emissions test and it passed and WA state is getting rid of testing in January 2020 so I guess I can live with it for now but it is still annoying as hell.